Major concern/issue with 2014 ford explorer sport | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Major concern/issue with 2014 ford explorer sport

Submerged in oil would definitely cause a misfire. 6 million dollar question is where did the oil come from. Valve cover gasket would be the only possibility I could think of unless the oil change tech had really poor aim lol....

Valve cover gasket is all I can think of too. Hasn't had first oil change yet, so it came from Ford like this. Hopefully it's nothing other than a rolled gasket or similar. Guess I'll find out something tomorrow.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Valve cover gasket is all I can think of too. Hasn't had first oil change yet, so it came from Ford like this. Hopefully it's nothing other than a rolled gasket or similar. Guess I'll find out something tomorrow.

Keep us all posted, KYmxracer52. I've escalated this to your regional customer service manager; your case info is waiting for you in your inbox. :thumbsup:

Crystal

Any update on this oil in the plugs situation?....Im waiting to tell my dealership.

Sorry for the delay. Been on vacation (took my truck). Dealership ordered and installed 3 new coils, plugs, and a valve cover gasket. Took them the better part of a day to finish it all. The service manager took it for a test drive immediately afterwards which resulted in 40 miles being added to the odometer!! Not sure why he drove it, since he really had no idea how to make it stumble in the first place.

Anyway, we pick it up and get about 2 miles down the road and it's doing the exact same stumbling crap. How the service manager managed to put 40 miles on it and say its good is beyond me, when I only get a couple miles away and it's doing it several times. Called the service advisor back and told him what it was doing. He asked if I wanted to bring it back. I told him I didn't have time to mess with it then as we were leaving within two days for vacation. I advised him I would set something up when I got back in town.

Apparently Crystal (Ford Service) got my issue in the hands of the right people while I have been away. While on vacation, a regional rep left me a voice mail stating he had contacted the dealership regarding the issues I'm having. I am planning on calling him back Monday.

My salesman from the dealership (who is awesome by the way), contacted me Friday about my issues. He said he had heard I was still having problems, and asked if I wanted him to pick the vehicle up at our house or if we wanted to bring it in. I told him my wife would bring it in on Monday. He said for her to see hi and he would give her an SUV to drive. He also said that he and the owner were personally going to oversee the entire situation with our vehicle.

I guess the regional rep got their attention in a good way. I just hope they can actually get a fix for this with the Ford engineers. Big thanks to Crystal!!!

...I guess the regional rep got their attention in a good way. I just hope they can actually get a fix for this with the Ford engineers. Big thanks to Crystal!!!

Awesome news, KYmxracer52! I'm glad I was able to help. :)

Crystal

I have had similar experiences but at lower speeds

Nothing at highway speeds yet and I just drove from Vancouver to Palm Springs and back along I5 during heavy rain days and 80-90* sunny dry days.

Mine is stumble/hesitation just crawling out of the driveway with light throttle.

The same stumble at 1500-2000rpm going up hill under load before the turbo's kick in. The engine noticeably stumbles and surges such that you can see it on the left DIC tachometer as the RPM's jump around.

This has been mentioned previously and one owner suggested possibly a faulty MAP sensor but nothing confirmed.

I was waiting for my first oil change to bring it up at dealership.

Let me know if you get any info from your dealership.
Hi, I have same slow speed problem with stumbling/hesitation. 2013 Explorer 2.0l Limited. Did you solve this problem? Dealer not concerned.

I had.have this same issue on my 2015 explorer sport. Under full throttle 1st gears acts like I was in the rain with traction control fighting me. I could also the tach bouncing around closer to red line and shift into second was fine. I added an SCT tune last week and the problem seems to have resolved itself. I dont really beat on the car and only drive it once a week or so. Its my wife's daily driver and she's not the kind to take it over 4k RPM.

Back