New Year's run Dec. 31/Jan 1, '04-PA??? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New Year's run Dec. 31/Jan 1, '04-PA???

Spas

Explorer addict
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
North East, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 Sport
Well, I've been trying to get plans for this laid down for months now and I finally have a date for us to have (hopefully) another big run. The date this time is Friday, December 31/ Saturday January 1/ Sunday January 2 at Paragon in Hazleton, Pa. Now I understand this is New Year's weekend and some of you would rather spend quality time with your relatives, but I've been plotting this run with one major reason in mind:

DOUG'S GONNA BE HOME FROM THE ARMY AND THIS IS THE FIRST TIME ANY OF US HAVE SEEN HIM SINCE MARCH!!!!! :bounce:

Last year a few of us rang in 2004 at Draper's house and had a blast. I'm saying Friday, Saturday, Sunday because Doug has to leave Sunday morning to go back to Fort Huachuca, AZ, which means he's gotta be home in NJ saturday night to get ready. I figure we can keep on with the mudflinging for Sunday without him though ;)

I sent Lizard a Pm asking if Paragon will be open that weekend and checked their site- I don't see anything saying that they're closed, but in case they are we can come up with a 'Plan B'. With any luck there will be snow on the ground to make things more fun... btw, inclement weather is NOT A VALID EXCUSE to miss out on 4wheelin!!!! :D

If we have enough interest, I'll gladly book us a hotel room or 3. So whaddya say, guys and gals- Wanna break in the new year right with your 'other' family???

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

well due to the recent "engine exploding" my plans to go to Whistler during new years for some sick skiing have been shot... this looks like it may be a nice way to drown my sorrows with booze and wheeling :D

Yup, I'll be home the 18th of Dec. and flying back the 2nd So if any of you crack heads wanna hang out I'm free :) I'm definantly psyched to come home and hang out with everybody and do some wheeling. I haven't wheeled since I left for basic back in March.

Ill take off that weekend i def wont miss out on this

Completely missed this thread.. I'll be there.. I think right now Doug is in heaven since he has his truck back..

Hopefully we'll be able to make it for part of the weekend.

ExplorerSport77 said:
yeah but what are we gonna do sunday...paragon is closed...

Huh? They're only closed on Tuesday & Wednesday.. I highly doubt they'll close Sunday January 2nd.. or even Saturday the 1st.

ExplorerSport77 said:
yeah but what are we gonna do sunday...paragon is closed...

Recuperate from hangovers??? :D

I don't plan on drinking more than maybe 2 beers... then again, that's enough to give me a hangover according to some people :rolleyes:

Still not sure if paragon's definitely closed that weekend, but I'm checking into it!

I'm down for pretty much any thing, Paragon, Rausch Creek, Someone's back yard. :p

I am going to try to make it for Jan 1

Have no idea what kind of plans I will have by then but keep me in the loop you never know

Karol

Doug said:
I'm down for pretty much any thing, Paragon, Rausch Creek, Someone's back yard. :p

Yeah? How about you put my poor truck in 4wd and launch it into 3 feet of snow in your front yard again this year just to prove that my 4x4 does work? :p

Or we could all go to that place that you and Ben got stuck at for 9 hours and play "Roll Fug down the hill" :D

I vote for rolling him down the hill... Wait.. and then roll Lindsy after him..

Asilly50NJ said:
good idea ben,............We all know how bad Linds would want to be on top of Doug :p ..............

As Doug's #1 fan, it's my JOB to keep up on him at all times, to make sure he stays out of trouble... But if you feel the need to be on top of him Dave, be my guest! :D

Asilly50NJ said:
EKKKS NO...Doug is not my type!!!!! I DO NOT do guys :fire: ............

Thats not what I heard.. I heard you are into that gay ****o & astroglide.. :D

well i am in on this run as long as i am still living around this area and not down in TN

bumpity bump bump

Ok guys, here's the deal:

I'm basically planning this run around two things, Fug's schedule and New Year's. Paragon's closed on the 1st and 2nd (saturday and sunday), and Fug has to be home by saturday night to catch his flight back to AZ sunday morning. So that leaves us with just friday to wheel. I have NO problem with taking off work to do this, but some others may so I need to hear from all what their plans are. Anyone have any idea what we can do saturday day? It's very easy for us to hang around and BS since it's what we do best, but there's got to be something else to do, lol.

I'm going to grab a hotel room for Thursday (dec 30) and Friday (Dec. 31) nights at the Forest Hills Inn unless someone has a better plan. I'll be up there thursday only because I know it's tough to get up at 3am and drive out to Paragon friday morning to wheel. Understandable if people can't get off work thursday or don't want to leave after work to come out because they're tired, though.

I'm off the whole week between Christmas and New Years, so we should be in....

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ya know, we could add some PINK DYEto the snowballs.....:D

Back