Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
City, State
Newcastle Wa
Year, Model & Trim Level
White 94 Limited
Callsign
KG7PKQ
Ok, since the General Explorations forum is closed to new posts, (repalced by Generation specific forums) and the Acetone thread is in there, I'm moving my results here.

My first tank.

214.5 miles
15.009 gal
Moving average per GPS 27.6 mph
14.3mpg, all city driving.
Same as without Acetone, maybe even a little less than before.
Arco 91 octane, Apten (Brian Herron) tune for my mod's listed below
tire pressure 31.5 front 30.5 rear 3.73 gears w/31x10.5 tires.

Second tank;

2oz/10gal
178 miles
11.606 gal Arco 92 octane, 92 performance tune
GPS moving average 31.4 mph
15.33 mpg.
Typical for that driving, a little more freeway than the first tank. I wasn't too gentle with the skinny pedal.

Third tank;
2oz/10gal
247.5 miles
14.234 gal Arco 92 octane, 92 performance tune
GPS moving average 43.6 mph
19.09 mpg
Road trip to the Ocean. half freeway/half 2 lane highway and some very slow driving in town (Long Beach Wa.)
Pretty good mpg but I get my best at 60 mph. Maybe a little better than usual.

Fourth tank;
2oz/10gal
128 miles
5.516 gal Union 76 92 octane, 92 performance tune
GPS moving average 57.8 mph
23.2 mpg!!
Return from the beach. All freeway driving.
The best I have EVER gotten in the 5 years I've owned my X and recorded the MPG's is 19.95 mpg, I have NEVER broken 20mpg (until now! )
My tire pressure is still pretty low at 31.5/30.5. I wasn't driving down hill all the way. There wasn't a hurricane behind me giving me a 60 mph tailwind.

3.2 mpg improvement is significant, at least for me

5th tank;
2oz/10gal Arco 92 octane
318 miles
Forgot to reset GPS moving average but this tank included a 4 hour freeway round trip to jrgaylor's house to prep for a suspension lift.
16.039gal
19.82mpg probable 1mpg improvement but definetly NOT LESS than pre-acetone

6th tank;
2oz/10gal Safeway 92 octane
235 miles
30.8 mph GPS moving average
15.058 gal
15.61 mpg
This tank included a 20 mile rolling hill freeway trip towing a 3800# boat. (read WOT several times)
This tank is on par with historical averages, again not less than expected.

Stay tuned kids, I've barely touched that gallon of Acetone in the garage.

Please, lets keeep this on topic? :rolleyes:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Your results are very intersting. I am going to try this myself at my next fillup running 2 oz per 10 gallons. I will put my results up when I get them.

Those results look decent. Keep us posted, I'd be interested in trying that as well...

subscribe :)

I'm sold on the acetone!!!

This thread, and thank you for starting it, seems THE place to discuss our acetone trials and tribulations since the other thread seems to have gone way off subject.

I just returned from a trip up to Gainesville, FL, and back. Total miles = 425; fuel ( Amoco 89 ) used 13.5 gal' average speed - 71.25 MPH; MPG - 31.48. Computer tune used = Doug's ( Bama Chips ) Dyno Tuned 89.

Average MPG on this tune ( pre Dyno tweaked ) = 28.5 MPG. This average consumption is at an avg speed of 68-69 MPH.

The acetone mix ( 2 fl oz/1- gal gas ) indeed shows promise.

aldive said:
This thread, and thank you for starting it, seems THE place to discuss our acetone trials and tribulations.

That was my intention. I was hoping you and the other test subjects would find it and follow. I was about to PM you. :thumbsup:

I tried to add the data and a link here to my thread ( Quest for 30 ) but found that I am not allowed to post there?????????????

Beats me ......

I have had my best results using Chevron with the mixture of 4 fl oz of acetone per 20 gallons. My MPG are simular to those of Albino 94LTD.

aldive said:
I tried to add the data and a link here to my thread ( Quest for 30 ) but found that I am not allowed to post there?????????????

Beats me ......

General Explorations is closed, ask a mod to move it to one of the stock forums.

To make my post inclusive of the topic..... Is the acetone being put in before, or after filling up the tank?

They closed the 'General Explorations' forum to new posts. The replacements are Generation specific.

Al, was your 'Quest for 30' in there? Ask a moderator to move it to an active forum.

So, since we are Modifying gasoline, I hoped the acetone thread would live and grow here (thanks in advance crankcase ;) )

I am subscribing to this subject and watching/reading closely to these results. Aldives results a phenominal...31 mpg....Do you have a 4 banger in there Aldive!! :D ha......

Thank you for posting your results!! :thumbsup:

You guys are pure nuts. You should not be doing this to your engines. It makes the engine run hotter and if you hit the exact point, it will crack your block and /or heads. Acetone is NOT for cleaning out engines. You can get the same results with high octane gasolines and new plugs. I want to know who will be the first to come here and say they blew there engine because of adding Acetone to the fuel. Acetone is not the additive you are looking for...

Ronnie, weather or not to do this has been discussed ad-nausium in the other thread, plase don't start that debate again, here.

Those of us who have elected to proceed with this test have done enough research to satisfy our individual concerns and we have made our decisions.

In the best interest of the Explorer world, we have chosen to share our expierences and results with this forum. This thread was intended for the posting of those results.

Table of acetone results??

Hi guys,
Is there one central location where we can see a table or spreadsheet of your MPG results?

twolostminds said:
Hi guys,
Is there one central location where we can see a table or spreadsheet of your MPG results?

This thread is the best source of the data.

Tank 1
214.5 miles
15.009 gal
Moving average per GPS 27.6 mph
14.3mpg, all city driving. Same as without Acetone, maybe even a little less than before.
Arco 91 octane, Apten (Brian Herron) tune for my mod's listed below
tire pressure 31.5 front 30.5 rear 3.73 gears w/31x10.5 tires.

Tank 2
2oz/10gal
178 miles
11.606 gal Arco 92 octane, 92 performance tune
GPS moving average 31.4 mph
15.33 mpg Typical for that driving, a little more freeway than the first tank.

Tank 3
2oz/10gal
247.5 miles
14.234 gal Arco 92 octane, 92 performance tune
GPS moving average 43.6 mph
19.09 mpg Road trip to the Ocean. half freeway/half 2 lane highway and some very slow driving in town

Tank 4
2oz/10gal
128 miles
5.516 gal Union 76 92 octane, 92 performance tune
GPS moving average 57.8 mph
23.2 mpg!! 3.2 mpg better than ANY previous run
Return from the beach. All freeway driving.
The best I have EVER gotten in the 5 years I've owned my X and recorded the MPG's is 19.95 mpg, I have NEVER broken 20mpg (until now! )

5th tank;
2oz/10gal Arco 92 octane
318 miles
Forgot to reset GPS moving average
16.039gal
19.82mpg probable 1mpg improvement but definetly NOT LESS than pre-acetone

6th tank;
2oz/10gal Safeway 92 octane
235 miles
30.8 mph GPS moving average
15.058 gal
15.61 mpg This tank included a 20 mile rolling hill freeway trip towing a 3800# boat. (read WOT several times)
This tank is on par with historical averages, again not less than expected.

Tank 7
2:10 ratio Arco 89 octane Apten 89 performance tune
226.5 miles
27.1 mph GPS moving average
14.847gal
15.19 mpg Slower moving average than tank 1 but 1.1 mpg better mileage

i dont understand how acetone helps gas milage. isnt that nail polish remover?

I'll subscribe to this. It's interesting, but I get about the same mileage figures as Albino94 does, and I don't run acetone, just full synth, chip, etc. mods. Those of you who have paid attention to Al's "Quest for 30" thread know what mods, gears, etc. I run and what mpg I get in my 1st gen. Perhaps if I ran acetone in my fuel lines I would get 23-24 mpg on the highway???

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Has anyone gone through an Emissions test to see if there are gains. Let's say I just want to acetone it for passing Emissions.

Back