Tbars Project "X" begins | Page 23 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Tbars Project "X" begins

First and foremost my ranger is my favorite truck...I will not let any of you fools try to talk me into changing my new project into some rock beast, lmao...this rig is just to go camping and fishing in and thats it...it took all the money i had to buy and the seller was great and is a new member here....thanks rick, the seller that is...

I have never as much sat in an explorer and today was the first time i opened a door on one...

It needs alot of tlc and a new 4.0 motor as the current one is seized...It needs a bit of paint work as the clear coat is shot and the front fenders are a different color....

Notes
1) Kbabiak, you need to make some pre-made shipping tags with my name on them as I will be needed a bunch of little parts...
2) Admin Rick, I sent my new membership dues in at 8am this morning as i was hoping to be a new X owner...
3)All elite members, I am going to need alot of help and parts for my new to me, 91 XLT

The Pics:
day1005et8.jpg

day1002kq4.jpg

day1007hy4.jpg

day1006dd7.jpg

day1001tw2.jpg

day1003vp7.jpg

day1004pb7.jpg

Last edited:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

...this is what the passenger side looks like as the driverside looks about the same...
thturkey07002xq1.jpg

Too clean :) Looks like a show truck here.

...it sure is not that clean anymore, this was taken right after i arrived and just before my first run up show's hill...;)

...but it will look good when exploderpilot does the photoshoot thing with the girls...:D

So he's the reason everyone's got pin-up girls posing with their trucks...i was getting a little jealous.

...here ya go, for those who want to see my truck dirty...:D
1022687fn5.jpg

...i thought i would throw this in here...since i've gotten my project X alot of people don't know i have a ranger as my daily driver and it was the vehicle which brought me to this board...
...well, it is also an offroad truck but my project X has gotten to see all the trails since it is a little more extreme of a truck...
...that is, until this past weekend...i took it to the mountains and got to play in the snow...

....here is a link to the ranger's registry...
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=181043

...and here is the link to the trail run...:D
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=201275&page=4

...i forgot to add the return from truckhaven turkeyday link...this run was a week or so before the ranger got to go out and play...:D
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=200530

...somewhere between this picture...
1022687fn5.jpg

and this picture....
1022686bv3.jpg

...i wound up with this...
1022689uz1.jpg

and i wound up getting to do this on the spot...:D ...thanks r.j. for the pics...;)
1022705wj4.jpg

...and here are 2 video's thanks to 90ranajo and diffwhackdaddy...part1 and part2 = my climb up sideshow bob's hill when i first got there....the trucks on top are at the bluff campsite...;)

Last edited:

Did you mention what type of paint you used to paint the fenders? And what preparation was needed? I only saw the colors you used.

...the driver side never got done...neither did the roof....but if you look at the tailgate and pass side, perfecto...:D
...and i'm not giving out my secret formula...but you can come help and i'll show you the tricks...:p:

And whether or not your gonna finish the driver side? :D

EDIT opps slow in posting again

Those tires look mean in the snow at the end of the video. And i love that chrome piece under the grill...you wanna maybe trade one day? :)

...froader pointed that chrome out to me when i first got it...he told me he hadn't seen another x with it and i've been looking and i haven't seen one either...:scratch:

...the tires did great in the thick snow but on the way up the hill i had my doubts...they did pretty good....:thumbsup:

...Harley says,"and they call this a rock garden, HA!"...
alignment003fd7.jpg

...btw, we went there to pick up a spare set of these,pn#28068X in stock, 9.69 out the door...these are the kit if you want to swap from auto hubs to warn manual hubs...if you want stock X manual hubs they are pn#29071 and cost 177 plus tax next day pickup...if you want to upgrade to jeep hubs, they are pn#37780 and run 197 pl. tx. and take 5-7 days to get...;)
alignment009fc2.jpg

alignment010qs5.jpg

Last edited:

Did you ever figure out your hub problem? Im about to try a new rotor and possibly a new spindle after that...

Well ill be trying a new hub on my 44 here soon. Mine is getting worse the more i drive it.

Back