MountaineerGreen

Towing Moderator
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
North East Arkansas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2012 F150 4x4
Tell me if I am crazy- I have been toying with the idea of adding lights to the Mounty, kind of like what Superduty trucks have. Kind of like these, but I want flush or nearly flush mounted lights, clear lenses and LED bulbs. That way they wouldn't be painfully obvious during the day, but light up and look cool at night.

For those who don't know what cab lights are, here is a picture I found:

2566233410049383159S425x425Q85.jpg

So, what I need is a Photoshop master to add some smallish lights to this picture, I don't know if it can be done, but can it be fixed so it looks like my parking lamps and clearance lights are on?

towshackle_003_Small_.jpg

Am I crazy? Leave it alone? Tell me what you think, whatever it is.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have been wanting to do that, but havn't been able to find good lights

Also, any of the good looking ones I have been able to find are pretty expensive

I was wondering what would be a good way to hook them up, so that screws/bolts aren't visible. I was thinking 3m double adhesive stuff..it works really good. Then I was thinking run a thin bead of silicone around the outside so it doesn't get wet and loose stickiness.

Edit: I figured just a small hole for wires, and that would be it.

I personally am liking the looks of the ETL-010-1500, single LED's, about 1/4 the way down the page.

Where are prices and stuff on the site?

Well, I have been planning on doing this for awhile, but never got around to it. I need to find good lights. I am not sure about those LED's, but they would be cool because unless they were on you wouldn't see them

I've seen an explorer sport with that visor thing that attaches over the windshield on the roof.. drivin around town (to know what i'm talking about, take a look at the late blackjack pics) rip blackjack =\

the one in town had those lights on the front of it, didn't look too bad either

crappy editing but whatever.. i tried

What do you think of my picture?.. I think with your lift, it fits the look of the truck nicely.

It compliments your lift, kinda like.. hm showing how tall it is, how much clearance you have? Idk, I'm juss talkin outta my a$$.. I think it looks cool though.

Picture looks pretty good, I wish the lights were a bit smaller, I think the key here is the scale of the lights to my truck.

I have been looking at the lights, I am wondering if they would seal or if they would need some silicone? I wonder if they would remain water tight and not deteriorate in the elements as well. I guess I will send the company an email and see.

Duuude.. think it through. :p:

In a polite way...

Some opinions from others are welcome. My wife hates the idea, thinks it looks stupid, I don't have a full size truck, bla bla bla. :)

I side with the wife... Those lights just don't work. If you do want to keep lights there, they should be white, and you should change the grille out. It's just the lights don't do anything but sit there, being yellow.

Agressive grille and nudge bars, the cop kind, not the wrap around... then your lights would fit in...

The one that fit into your roof should have a rubber washer type thing on them, and it wouldn't hurt you spread a little silicon on it with your finger. (just an idea)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

IMO. I steered away from some nearly perfect superdooties only because they had clearance lights.

But who knows. We'll get Froader to do a clean photoshop job. It might work on an Explorer. :D

Back