Baby Steps LOL

Scotty J.

Packin
Reaction score
City, State
Little Rock, Ar
Year, Model & Trim Level
'02 Ford Ranger XLT
Ok, so it's going to take me 2 life times to save up for what I WANT to do, so I figure in the mean time I'll do a couple of things to spruce it up and hit the mud.

First off will be a 3" body lift so that I can run some BFG TA's. Local guy can do that for me at a reasonable price.

Secondly, I've got my eye on a set of Mickey Thompson Sidebiters.

For just a tad more HP (and the fact that air flow is THE single most common upgrade), K&N Filter Kit.

Bamachip tune.

Thoughts?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Henson tune ??,
i have heard good things about them from other members,,

Henson tune ??,
i have heard good things about them from other members,,
I'm definitely not opposed to recommendations! Thanks for passing that along, I'll be looking into it.

Sell points I like about Bama, compensates speedo for axle ratio and tire size, turns off rear 02 sensors, raises rev and speed limiters, 3 Tunes for 2 different octane levels. There is a lot there that i'm interested in, in fact i'm interested in all of it LOL. I'll check on the Henson's, thanks again.

I have a BamaChips tuner for my '06. Really like it. Truck runs great.

Ok, here's where I'm heading next week.
Cragar Soft 8's (Mickey T's got WAY too complicated)
BFG TA KO 33" x 12.5
K&N Generation II FIPK
Cusom 3" Body Lift
BamaChips 87 Performance/93 Performance/93 Torque Tune

Here's what I'm hoping its going to look like (yeah i know that it's a taco, but it's all I could find online that was close where I'm going with this)

25439570065_large.jpg

...It will look better than that yota...;)..And I never got why they flat backed the fender wells...:dunno:

...With a little work, my 95 has some appeal...:D
exttrim005og8.jpg

...It will look better than that yota...;)
I'm thinking so, I don't particularly care for the lines on the taco, but the contrast of Red and Black is nice. (I'm not going to black out my lenses, it's just not something I've ever cared for)

With a little work, my 95 has some appeal...:D
exttrim005og8.jpg
Yes, VERY nice. The rims stand out with the total black.

Go with a www.hensonperformance.com tune. He's a vendor here on the site, goes by Jah81592. He sells the same product and will give you something that bama won't, customer service. Doug (bama) used to be pretty active on the site here and would take care of people, but in the last couple of years he's vanished. And I've seen people say that he's very hard to get ahold of, and if you buy his tuner from explorerexpress he won't even talk to you. Get your tuner from henson I can promise you won't be disappointed.

Go with a www.hensonperformance.com tune. He's a vendor here on the site, goes by Jah81592. He sells the same product and will give you something that bama won't, customer service.
To be honest, I sent to Henson's website and didn't get sold. I found where the tunes were listed for sale, but there were no specifics as to gains, functionality etc that the tune will provide. I've already pulled the trigger on the Bama, but if I'm unhappy with the results, I'll give Henson's a shot.

Update, got a 3" body lift, wheels and tires come tomorrow. Here's a before and after.

Ranger_Before.jpg

Ranger_Stage_2.jpg

Ok, got the wheels and tires on today, what do y'all think? (I know I still need a tint, some front bumper work and do something with the finder accents)

Ranger_Done_Full.jpg

...It's starting to look like a totally different truck...:D

...Just my thinking here...The first thing I thought was the tint needed finished...The fenders and trim might look good the same color as the truck if you can find the color by Krylon fusion...I'm a chrome fan but not sure about the chrome bumpers...:dunno:...I would probably ditch the steps...

...I'm looking forward to see the progress on this...Thanks for sharing...:biggthump

.The fenders and trim might look good the same color as the truck if you can find the color by Krylon fusion...I'm a chrome fan but not sure about the chrome bumpers...:dunno:...I would probably ditch the steps...
Thanks man, I was thinking gloss black for the fender trim, ditching the trim under the bumper, having the chrome stripped and powder coating it gloss black (see pic below) that way it forms to the front end like stock LOL.

My buddy at the exhaust shop is going to build me a rear bumper. Oh and yes, the tint has to be done, probably first.

129_0602_01z+ford_ranger+left_front_view.jpg

...I'm pretty sure I know the guy who owns that truck, and it's previous owner...:D...Forth picture in post #113 of this thread.
That is incredible! I would LOVE to discuss the build on that truck and how it's worked out since. I'm looking at almost duplicating it.

...I will pm you a link to find out more info...;)

...The previous and current owners of that Ranger work for Peterson's Four Wheeler magazine so they should be able to help with previous build info...

...There was a write up on another Forum as that truck was being transformed but that Forum went down about 6 months ago and even the Moderators there are unsure what happened...:dunno:

Ok, tint is done, gonna start working on the trim this weekend. Will post pics with progress hopefully.

Ranger_Tinted.jpg

Ranger_3_4_Test.jpg

Also, thanks to TBars4, I was able to contact the owner of the Silver PreRunner above to get the inside scoop on some of the information once I begin to transition from the body lift to the Dixon Bros LT. Thanks again man, that was awesome of you to do.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Also, thanks to TBars4, I was able to contact the owner of the Silver PreRunner above to get the inside scoop on some of the information once I begin to transition from the body lift to the Dixon Bros LT. Thanks again man, that was awesome of you to do.

Please share what you've learned...

Back