How to manually eject the cd magazine | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How to manually eject the cd magazine

markcoronado

Reaction score
City, State
Bracey Va.
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 Eddie Bauer
I searched all over the forum & didn't find the answer for how to manually eject the cd magazine on a 6 dick cd changer on a 1995 explorer that is in the console.

After taking apart the cd player I finally figured out that there is a small hole located at the lower left corner of the power plug hole, that you can insert a small drill bit or whatever you have that will fit in the hole & it will eject the magazine.

I wanted to post this to maybe save some folks time & aggravation. You don't need to remove the cd changer like I did, you should be able to access it by removing the coin & tissue holder.

Now if I can only figure out why I get the no DJ error when I try to play a cd I'll really be happy.

I've search & searched & found other folks with the same problem but no solution.

It sure would be nice if folks would post whether or not they fixed the problem & what they did to fix it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I added a switch to the power wire going to the changer, it acts up, I turn it off, then on, it resets itself and works OK for a couple of weeks

Usually the no DJ error is the first (and sometimes last) indication that your changer is giving up the ghost...

I want to make a correction to my instructions.
You will not be able to see the little hole next to the power plug hole as the console liner covers it.
I noticed it when I was reinstalling the cd player, so I drilled an access hole in the liner in case I ever have to manually eject it again.

I still have the NO DJ problem after reassembly so it wasn't something as simple as a dirty connector.

This thing acts like it isn't even getting power.

Does anyone have a wiring diagram for a 95 EB CD changer so I can test for power?

Dirty Connection?

I recently had a CD changer that wasn't getting power. After following the instructions above, I removed the CD changer from the center console.

I seem to be lucky enough for it to have been a dirty connector, or a loose wire in the connector. I wiggled the connector as I put it back in, after blowing in the connector before hooking it back up.

This may not be the diagnostics that will help everyone.... but, it did work for me. Disconnecting the battery didn't work for me, and all of my fuses were fine.

I have my console with the screen messageeject error ne mistakes, but I have the 6 CD changer.
It may be possible that we can send some pictures or some scheme to guide
please.

Back