Keeper's Explorer. Take two. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Keeper's Explorer. Take two.

Welcome to my new registry. This is my 2000 Explorer XLT. Bought it from the original owner for $3,400. Came with the owners manual, and the paper work to prove it's been dealer maintained. When I purchased the Ex, it had 111,000 on the odometer, a small tear in the leather of the drivers seat, some sand in the back( take it the guy was a surfer, found a few surf board fins in the jack storage area). Gonna do a alignment when I get the chance, and start transferring all my mods from my Sport into this.

As she stands when I brought her home.

101_1666.jpg

101_1667.jpg

101_1668.jpg

101_1669.jpg

101_1670.jpg

How she currently stands.
102_0769.jpg

04/07/11

Current Mods:

Interior:

Exterior:

Lighting:
  • Sylvania Silverstars for the headlights.
  • x2 Hella 500 driving lights.
  • Fog light/ High beam mod.
  • LED Puddle lights, license plate lights.

Engine:4.0L SOHC

Suspension and Brakes

Drive Train

Projects for the future:
  • Quick disconnects for front and rear sway bar.
  • Possibly LS up front.

Last edited:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Congrats on the new Ex. It looks like a nice one. Kind of hard to see the pics with my phone. I'll get a better look when I get home. :salute:
Posted via Mobile Device

Cool- I'm glad you found something to replace your Sport! :thumbsup:

I just stripped the fender flares, hatch trim, rocker trim, and header panel off an identical truck for Wedgie this past weekend at the boneyard... :)

Holy baked on brake dust on those front center caps! :D

now thats a keeper!
Glad to see your back in the game.
Sorry we missed meeting you at Truckhaven, but now we know the next run you'll be there.

Thanks guys. Hoping I can make the next run, whether it's T-Haven or a local run!

I like it!!!

Is that the same one you wanted to get from craigslist?

...Glad to see you found another...:biggthump

...If you are needing an EF license plate holder, I have one left...;)

As I said in the other thread the truck looks nice and clean. Looking forward to following your progress:popcorn:

...Glad to see you found another...:biggthump

...If you are needing an EF license plate holder, I have one left...;)

Thanks! I have a Marine Corp plate holder I'm gonna be using. Gotta track down my other forum decal.

BC: Thanks for the interest!

Keeper, Real nice Ex!!! I see you have the EGA sticker already on there!!! :salute:

Driving my XLT is a huge difference from my Sport. Not bad, but different.

Visiting my parents home (where my Sport is being stored) and started transiting some parts onto my XLT. I've got my Alpine HU up and running, new wipers, fire extigisher, and the Bullit Mustang fuel door installed. I also got the K&N drop in filter put in, and the wheel caps off my Sport put up front.

Next up will be the TB, JBA cables. Possibly the AEM CAI.

...Is the insurance company going to buy it off from you???

...I'm still interested in pulling the rear disc brakes off if they are available...

...Is the insurance company going to buy it off from you???

...I'm still interested in pulling the rear disc brakes off if they are available...

As of now, they are not. My brother is interested in the Ex to use as a project for his automotive classes. Haven't quite decided what I'm going to do with her yet.

Some pictures of my work today.

Alpine HU. Drilled a hole in the little cubby hole for the ipod cord, I plan on working the CB into the lower cubby hole. Haven't really put to much thought into that one yet.

101_1673.jpg

New fuel door. This took a little bit of time to get on, patience and little bit of grinding with a dremel tool. It's not a perfect fit as it was orginally designed for the Mustang. But the results are pretty good. For those of you who are interested, I got the idea from Aldive(RIP).

101_1671.jpg

101_1672.jpg

And some interior shots. You can see that I my extinguisher in the back as well.

101_1674.jpg

101_1676.jpg

101_1675.jpg

Next up will be getting swapping shocks between the Ex's, the CB, and TB. In no particular order.

Last edited:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back