Keyless entry code for a 2008 Ford Explorer. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Keyless entry code for a 2008 Ford Explorer.

spscott

Reaction score
City, State
baton rouge la
Year, Model & Trim Level
I do not have the keyless code for my 2008 ford explorer
where is it located on this truck

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

pin code

I need pin # too.. big thanks to the first owner for not leaving any paperwork and the dealer for not getting for me, they told me to call ford! Look up in your manual in the pinpad section if you have.. my 06 it says in the pamphlet the code for pad is located on the "computer module".. I assume the body computer but havent looked... it also I believe had a number at ford to call to request the code.

2008-2010 keyless entry code on sticker

2007, mecury mountaineer, ford explorer, door keyless entry code is located on the fuse panel under driver side dashboard, it is called SJB smart junction box, it is a 5 digit code printed about 1 inch from the bottom of the fuse block, you can not see the number off hand because it faces the metal frame of the car. stick your cell phone between the car and the fuse panel and start taking pictures! here is a picture.

sizeimage.php

it is located on the smart junction box (sjb)

I used my camera like this to get the code printed on the sticker. (Note this is just an example; this explorer did not have a keypad option so there is no 5 digit code on this sticker but it would be there if it did)

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

here is another picture on an 07, I think after 07 they went to the sticker method.

this picture was taken again near the e-brake pedal. I blured out the rest of the code.

picture.php

Zoomed in on photo

picture.php

as you can see there is the code in less than 5 minutes, and no tools required.
also check this link,

http://explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=295870

or this

http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1039403-2010-explorer-keyless-entry-code-location.html#post9958750

so wait... final answer please, 06 mountaineer code in back panel or DS fuse panel?

thanks

sometimes you dont know who is talking to who on here.. can definately get confusing.. thanks for the help

My independent mechanic pulled the keypad birthcode for my used 2008 by hooking it up to his diagnostic computer system. He said his research indicated that this is the only way to obtain the code on any 2007 or greater Explorer. He said it was very easy, and did not even charge me since I have been a loyal customer for years. Dealer will probably charge at least $100 to pull this code. Please - find a good local independent who is proud to be a member of the community and spare yourself all the headaches of poor dealer service.

@ KevMo1958

The reason ExplorerForum exists is to help educate it's viewers on how the repair vehicles THEMSELVES. Sure, if you wanted to take your vehicle to the mechanic, they can fix the problem and you sit idly by. (fishing for your wallet to pay an outragious fee for something that could have done yourself for half the price and in half the time) But I myself, (and the rest of the members on ExplorerForum) like to get my hands dirty and I know that I have the knowledge and skills to repair any issue that arrises with my truck. If I bumb into any issues when I'm working on a project, I post it on this forum and get plenty of feedback on how to resolve the problem. I found the keyless entry code for my truck by myself for free. :cool:
Besides, working on my vehicle gives me garage time to get out of the house and play with my tools. Nice.

My independent mechanic pulled the keypad birthcode for my used 2008 by hooking it up to his diagnostic computer system. He said his research indicated that this is the only way to obtain the code on any 2007 or greater Explorer. He said it was very easy, and did not even charge me since I have been a loyal customer for years. Dealer will probably charge at least $100 to pull this code. Please - find a good local independent who is proud to be a member of the community and spare yourself all the headaches of poor dealer service.

It's about $40 if you have to pay.

I ended up taking it to the dealer because when I originally asked on here I didn't get the same info I seem to see now about the box that has it on it. If I knew where it was I would've looked myself. It's stupid not to do it yourself if it's so easy and you save money. I saved $400 (if I had gotten it fixed at the Ford dealer) by fixing the A/C Blend Door Actuator myself.

Hey everybody,
Just got a 2006 XLT last weekend and called the local ford dealer yesterday on the phone and this is how the conversation went.

Lady "Gilmore ford how can I help you"

Me “hey how are you doing today?"

Lady "I’m doing well"

Me "good, good... got a question for you, I bought a 2006 explorer last weekend and don't have the door code, could I get somebody to find me that code?"

Lady "did you buy it here?" (I thought uh-oh)

Me “no ma'am I didn't"

Lady (talking to somebody is the same room)" can we get a door code for this guy?... no he didn't buy it here... ok....” (To me) “He said to bring it in and Ben can pull it for you"

Me “ok, how much would you charge me for that?”

Lady (again to guy in office with her) “how much would we charge for that?” (To me) “He said nothing”

Me “really???”

Lady “he said if Ben won’t do, he’ll go back there and do it”

So needless to say I took it by on my way home from work. I went by the service dept desk and asked for Ben. Ben came out of the back about 2 minutes later. I told him what the lady said on the phone and he says “oh ok” he says “it might take 20 to 30 minutes to pull it up” as he’s climbing into the explorer I said that’s fine. He drives the truck around to the service bay and almost EXACTLY 9 minutes later here he comes back around the corner. Hands me the keys, gives me a business card with the code on the back, showed me how to work it, showed me how to program my personal code and said “have a good day , come back and see us.” Wow, I was impressed. So I guess if you find a decent dealer you’ll probably be ok. I always check the dealer as an option in whatever I’m doing to the vehicle. Sometimes they might surprise you.

That is too awesome. You lucky guy. :D

In my 06 I just bought and even in my 2000 the code was in the owners manual.
A card showing the number to re key the lock...
can't someone would even take it our of the book, Open the book to the card which is
attached to the book get the code do it and close the book put it back...

You must live in a nice small town if the dealer is so accommodating. Some dealers I've spoken to won't even take a vehicle for warranty work if you didn't buy it from them since they are so backed up with work.

yeah, it's pretty small compared to just about anywhere else I guess. but it's what I'm use to.
I mean it is Alabama, we just got electricity last year and working on that thing, I think they call it, indoor plumbing!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

dealers should give in a little on the small stuff and be friendly with the customer. theses days it is all about how many workorders are completed and how much revenue is brought in. owners of the dealers are crooks; and they have their staff walking on egg shells on keeping their job. welcome to modern america. lets all move to bamba! Let the tide roll baby!!!

Back