License Plate Lights

DBVIII

Reaction score
City, State
Hartford, SD
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 Sport Trac XLT
Question:

My license plate bulbs aren't working, replaced the bulbs and still aren't working :thumbdwn:. Is there a fuse specifically for these bulbs?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

For safety reasons, every circuit is protected by a fuse. Are you using factory recommended filament type bulbs? I think it would be 168/192 wedge style.

Are you using factory recommended filament type bulbs?

I am using these style bulbs. The lights weren't working when I bought the truck, so I replaced the bulbs. They still aren't working, so maybe I should check a fuse

If the tail lights are working then it's not a fuse. Check the connector behind the bumper where they connect to the main harness. White one is the tag light, black one stop/tail/turn.

SportTracTailLightConnector005.jpg

This photo is of a Gen 1 but your Gen 2 should be similar.

its allways good to check every fuse in the car .. most the time you will find a 1 or 2 that are no good most the time the one u need .. step 2 if that doesnt wrk put a test lighjt to it and see if you getting power there at all ...

If the tail lights are working then it's not a fuse.

The tail lights are working, just not the license plate lights. I'll check out the fuse diagram and try replacing a fuse and let everyone know if that helped!

If the tail lights are working then it's not a fuse. Check the connector behind the bumper where they connect to the main harness. White one is the tag light, black one stop/tail/turn.

SportTracTailLightConnector005.jpg

This photo is of a Gen 1 but your Gen 2 should be similar.

I'm sorry, I misread what you said originally. I'll have to check out the connector when I get a chance, where is it located behind the bumper (Side of the truck) and is it right behind the bumper?

Your fuse in the SJB is #26, a 15A. It's a blue/white wire and feeds the tag lights and the tail lights.

You will have mail shortly.

rear headlights aren't working

all fuses and bulbs are good, changed the light switch and still not working on my explorer sport trac

So I am going to revive this very old thread. I'm having the same problem. My taillights work, all the connections look good as far as I can tell but my tag lights aren't lit. Anyone ever find a solution to this?

Had the same problem when I bought my truck. The buld sits in a plastic holder that looks like part of the light but isn't. The contact in that plastic part had corroded severely. Shot some electromotive cleaner in there. Cleaned real good with an old toothbrush and toothpick. Haven't had a problem since.

They could just be burned out. :p: As I recall I had to replace the whole cap and lens.

Back