UltraGauge | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

UltraGauge

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

um yeah ok i could not resist either :D

see what this is all about soon here too

My Ultra-Gauge showed up yesterday.. Ordered it on Thursday, got it Saturday (Priority Mail).

Its packed very well, very professional..

I love it that to register and get your $8 rebate you have to fill out a test. Basically you read the quick start guide and answer questions.. Thats about the only way I've ever seen to make someone read the manual :)

Once I get some breakfast into me and get somewhat hydrated I'll wander outside and play with this.

~Mark

My Ultra-Gauge showed up yesterday.. Ordered it on Thursday, got it Saturday (Priority Mail).

~Mark

Ah the joys of living out west:D

Mine should be showing up on Monday ;)

Got mine yesterday too, really nice looking unit, better then expected
Wife wants to go to the beach :(
Will have some pics tomorrow

Marc..

Im interested in this...anyone try theirs out yet?

Yup, I plugged it in, answered the 3 or 4 startup questions, ran the factory test to get the info to register our unit...

I changed a couple gauge settings (changed the gauge shown) and it was really easy to do..

Its very easy to see, even it bright southern Az. Its got a very good contrast and brightness of the LCD.

The suction stalk it comes with is top notch. I wish the expensive iphone holder I got had the same quality design.

I haven't "driven" anywhere, but I did start the car and let it warm up etc just to see numbers change etc.

It can do MPG etc but it requires some calibration for that, but I don't think it will work well on our Honda since we have a vtec-e model which means it goes from 12v to 16 valve engine somewhere around 3000 rpms.. stay < 3000 rpms and we get really good mileage.

So far, I'm very impressed with it.. Even more so because of its price.

The biggest reason I got it was so when we were having an issue with a vehicle I can watch things like o2, MAF, and other information to get a better idea of what is going on.

~Mark

Yea from the website it seems like it would be a really handy device. Being able to monitor all those things, read CEL codes, etc. It reminds me of the "Torque" app for Android, but seems better. Torque is still kind of glitchy.

That price really is unbelievable too!

Can you post up a pic or 2 of it?

..I like their website...:D

...On the first page you can change the screen picture...If you click on dirt it looks like Truckhaven..:biggthump

..I want one of these for the Ranger after seeing this thread but it will have to wait a bit..Hopefully I can get in on the sale...

Theres quite a few videos on YT of it, but this one pretty much shows EVERYTHING from when you plug it in.

I think im definitely ordering one of these when I get my taxes!

The box
DSCN1750.jpg

The suction stalk
DSCN1748-1.jpg

The suction stalk twisted 180
DSCN1747.jpg

The Ultra Gauge
DSCN1745.jpg

The back of UG
DSCN1746.jpg

Next, testing

Marc..

Found the location to install the UG, would like to hide the cable behind the plastic molding but not sure what is holding it in place, can't see any screws.
So how do you remove it?

DSCN1751.jpg

Thanks, Marc..

Just pull, it should come right off. Start from the top.

Ive had one of these for a few months and I cant recommend them highly enough. Worth every penny. Excellent tool for diagnostics, hypermiling etc. And they mount very nicely in the dashboard ashtray of 2nd gens (and maybe others) for those of you who dont want to clutter up the windshield.

I hope theyre still on sale in a couple weeks! I want one so bad!

I just want to "hardwire" mine in like Markcq for a somewhat OEM look. (As in not just stuck to the windshield in the open)

So it's installed, played with it a little bit, so far so very good :) Still need to set it up.
The fuel tank on my ST, is it 20.80 Gal or 20.08 ?

DSCN1753.jpg

Marc..

Looks good!

I hope theyre still on sale in a couple weeks! I want one so bad!

I think their "sale" is just a marketing gimmick. Mine was the same price a few months ago, and old postings on other forums always seem to refer to it as "on sale". That being said, its a great deal, so don't sleep on it for too long.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Got to be more then that, I thought these trucks were around 23 gal.I can put 22 gal in my truck on a fill up if its almost empty. You can probably search the site and find your answer.

Back