'04 Explorer XLT Lift Question's

Syhper

Reaction score
City, State
Florence, SC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Ford Explorer XLT
Hey guys,

I have a 2004 Explorer XLT model and I've been searching through this site and haven't quite got the answers I'm looking for.

I'm trying to get a Leveling Kit to fit 33" Nitto MudGrappler's. And I need to know how much of a lift I would need to clear them. And what type of lift to get; I've seen various ways to do it such as Coilsprings.com/etc... And what type of lift is the most suggested.

Thanks,:)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Brandon@BTF-Fab [(http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=295783) (Phone number : 909 702 7462)]sells coil spacers for $250 shipped. those spacers combined with a 1.5" body lift (http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=312012) will net you enough lift to clear 33's

here is my truck with 2.25" front coil spacers, 1.75" rear coil spacers and a 1.5" body lift with 285/70/r17 (33") Cooper Discoverer STT's

IMAG0462.jpg

IMAG0463.jpg

Hey man, thanks so much for replying to my thread. You given me all the information I was looking for!

And your X looks very good too. Thanks to you I know what to get and also, I'm trying also to get my explorer to squat a little bit too. Isn't it true that 04 explorers are sitting 2 inches higher in the back? Again thanks soo much and when I get the nittos on them ill put pictures up.

I'm trying also to get my explorer to squat a little bit too. Isn't it true that 04 explorers are sitting 2 inches higher in the back?

there is a bit of a rake on the 2002-2005 trucks so the front is slightly lower in stock form. If you get the spacers in the height that Kazer mentioned then that will level it out nicely.

thanks, and no problem. you want it to sqaut? higher in the front im guessing? a 2.25" front, 1" rear would achieve that. or just a 2.25" front.

here is a members truck with just a 2.25" front spacer and a 3" body lift + 33"s
02explorer4.jpg

Yup I want it a little higher in the front. And that members blue explorer looks almost like mine, and also is it possible just to get the coil spring spacers 2.25" in the front and 1" in the back without getting the body kit and still clear 33"s?

i think, at minimumm, you will need a 1.5" body lift. you can clear 33"s in the rear with just a 1.75" coil spacer so im not sure if a 1" will be enough. hope you dont plan on off roading. there isnt much room to flex without rubbing with just the coil spacers

Good catch ronin. Yea he has 285s which, in retrospect, are 32.8x11.50 inches As opposed to a 33x12.50

Thanks again guys for helping me out. I think my decision is final, I'm going to get 2.25" spacers in the front with 1.5 body and 1.75 spacers in the back. If I'm wrong please correct me if I'm wrong but all that should clear 33's. Ill post pictures when I get the lift and nittos.

Make sure you have a good cutting disc for your dremel as you'll have to trim inside your front wheel wells. And what kind of running boards do you have?

I don't know what running boards my expo has. Lolol how would I find out?

Are your running boards big plastic and bulky and look like they belong on a minivan or are they steel and tubular like they belong on a pick up truck?

Oh my step-bars you mean? Mine were steel and actually I got mine taken off because it makes it look higher.

Oooh, my bad. And okay, they were gonna have to be removed anyway. And can you get a grappler in a 285/70 instead of a 33x12.50? If so, get the 285, youll have less trimming and rubbing. Oh and trailering/hauling absolutely sucks with 285s. Do you know your gearing?

I know how to gear a little bit.

Oh and yeah 285/70/r18

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well my stock gearing is 3.55 and with 33s and a 12ft trailer gas milage and acceleration suck

Back