Ronin's Rig 2.0 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ronin's Rig 2.0

Mods:

-17x8 Black Rock Viper 900B wheels with 265/70/17 Mickey Thompson Baja STZ tires: http://i654.photobucket.com/albums/uu263/wittenjc/Snapbucket/72276A52-orig.jpg

-Bentley style grille insert painted with Duplicolor bed armor: http://i654.photobucket.com/albums/uu263/wittenjc/Snapbucket/F63217CE-orig.jpg

-Raptor-ish LED Grille Lights: F150 Raptor-style ID lights/Marker lights

-30" LED light bar behind grille: Hidden 30" LED Light Bar install

-Dodge-style smoked LED cab Lights: http://i654.photobucket.com/albums/uu263/wittenjc/Snapbucket/2D2EA221-orig.jpg

-Fox 2.0 Emulsion coilover shock conversion in front, Truxxx strut spacers in rear on stock struts: Ronin8002's 4th Gen custom coilover conversion

BTF Fabrication Uniball upper control arms

Fuel tank skidplate

1" body lift

Adjustable limiting straps in front

Shackle tow hooks in front

Front skidplate

Planned Mods:
Scanguage II or Torque display
Fox Coilover shock conversion in rear
CB radio
Viair on board air system
Rock sliders

Last edited by a moderator:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Beautiful Explorer man, glad you decided to stay with an Expo! Can't wait to see her built up!

Nice looking truck! :thumbsup:

DAMN that truck looks good, I need to look into getting one of those ironman explorers. Hey, if you go with some 17's, I might be interested in buying your 18's.

DAMN that truck looks good, I need to look into getting one of those ironman explorers. Hey, if you go with some 17's, I might be interested in buying your 18's.

Thanks for the comments, all.

FIND, I will definitely be going with 17's, so as soon as I swap the 18's out I'll send you a PM. It'll be within the next couple of months.

Likin the new rig!!!

Very cool... Love the Ironman flares on the black ones. Very slick... :thumbsup:

Looks great man! I'm jealous of that ironman...Sorry to hear about the ol x....
welcome to traction control!! My 4.56+ true trac/trac-lok is in the mail now...
Can't wait to ride sometime though I love having the newest truck lol
Still can't believe the last one is gone... Did u not want to buy it back? Or did you? Seems like it'd make for lots of parts/air setup/gears/locker/skids/etc

Looks great man! I'm jealous of that ironman...Sorry to hear about the ol x....
welcome to traction control!! My 4.56+ true trac/trac-lok is in the mail now...
Can't wait to ride sometime though I love having the newest truck lol
Still can't believe the last one is gone... Did u not want to buy it back? Or did you? Seems like it'd make for lots of parts/air setup/gears/locker/skids/etc

Hey thanks man! I'm looking forward to seeing your gear and truetrac setup when you get it all installed.

As for the old truck, I didn't really have anywhere to tow it to so I could pull parts, besides, the insurance company was really good about getting me reimbursed for all the parts on there that I couldn't pull since I had pics and receipts. Once the salvage yard has the title then the wreck is up for grabs though.

Hey thanks man! I'm looking forward to seeing your gear and truetrac setup when you get it all installed.

As for the old truck, I didn't really have anywhere to tow it to so I could pull parts, besides, the insurance company was really good about getting me reimbursed for all the parts on there that I couldn't pull since I had pics and receipts. Once the salvage yard has the title then the wreck is up for grabs though.

Don't forget to keep tabs on that for me. I don't have a place to keep the truck either so I'll be looking on buying parts from that yard instead of getting the thing hauled up here.

Don't forget to keep tabs on that for me. I don't have a place to keep the truck either so I'll be looking on buying parts from that yard instead of getting the thing hauled up here.

Will do. I still have the title but will be sending it off to the insurance company in the next day or so.

nice x u got there

Congratulations James for the new Rig.

Looking forward seeing your creativity on it :D

In the future, aren't you considering re-gearing into 4.10 with TureTrac front and rear?

Congratulations James for the new Rig.

Looking forward seeing your creativity on it :D

In the future, aren't you considering re-gearing into 4.10 with TureTrac front and rear?

Thanks Allaa'!

Based on my calculations, the lower first 2 gears of the 6r60 transmission will be more than sufficient to make up for a 255/70 tire size with no problem, particularly with the V8 motor. If I go with bigger tires than a 265/75 then I may consider a regear. But even then I'll just swap in some 3.73 diffs from a V-6 4th Gen.

The TrueTracs do interest me; I think when I do I will probably just get one for the rear axle (at least initially) to see if that is sufficient for the type of driving I will be doing.

My Weathertech mats came in the mail today. Next mod will be a truxx lift.

Last edited:

Got my Truxxx spacers in the mail this week. Originally I thought I might be able to forego the BTF Uniball arms but it sounds like the stock ones won't hold up for too long even under everyday driving stress, so I went ahead and ordered the BTF Arms also.

Weathertech mats are in and look great, will post pics soon.

No space anywhere that I can have my Viair on board air kit installed and hidden. Well the compressor could be hidden behind one of the rear cargo area panels but the 2.5 gallon tank is the problem....so I'll be putting the whole kit up for sale.

I'm also going to sell my 4 offroad lights that I got off the old rig. If I find I need additional lights later I might look into installing an LED light bar behind the grille or maybe just do a HID conversion.

Lovin' the Ironman. I rarely see them up here, especially with the 4.6L. Nice score!

Man nice truck man!!cant wait to see what you do to it!!all most to purdy to wheel;)

Man nice truck man!!cant wait to see what you do to it!!all most to purdy to wheel;)

thanks man! won't be near as tall as the other one but should still be really nice! I want to wheel it but going to try to stay off the real narrow trails so I don't get those tree branch pinstripes lol.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

thanks man! won't be near as tall as the other one but should still be really nice! I want to wheel it but going to try to stay off the real narrow trails so I don't get those tree branch pinstripes lol.

LOL !! so how do you like that v-8/tranny combo?

Back