Xlt explorer custom_s 1997

glenn_a

Reaction score
City, State
Sydney
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 XLT
XLT Explorer custom_s 1997 from Down Under

Hi there, i just want to share with you what i have done to my FORD EXPLORER 1997 V6 SOHC XLT...

Theres not much Explorers goin around here down under (Australia)...

If you have something i need to know or more modification i can do to make this look different and work good please let me know and yeah i did all the work myself...

(Aussie people) If you have something similar please post some pictures...

Thanks...!

Last edited:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

2.jpg

The day that i bought this explorer... (full stock)

3.jpg

This what it looks like compare from the standard height of a Ford Explorer...

33" M/T tyres
Suspension lift kit:
Extended Shackle Bracket
Torsion Bar Lever
I replaced all the Shock Absorber and re-tension the leaf springs

looks good! nice and clean, i love the look of those brush guard bumpers you guys have there.. what other plans do you have for it?

looks good! nice and clean, i love the look of those brush guard bumpers you guys have there.. what other plans do you have for it?

thanks my friend.... :thumbsup:

later on ill try to post more pics...

yeah, that's a beast mate!! well done!

Si

1.jpg

Last edited:

Hey mate,

Looks great! Essentially identical to mine starting out, although i didnt have a bullbar and different flares!

That's a pretty awesome bumper. Looks like a blend of the OEM bumper and some Aussie creation!

Looks really neat mate. How do you go with the 33s rubbing?

Looks really neat mate. How do you go with the 33s rubbing?

yeah its been rubb'n every time i'll do a full lock into my garage and time to time on speed humps while turning too...

i hope when i do the body lift that will fix the problem...

yeah its been rubb'n every time i'll do a full lock into my garage and time to time on speed humps while turning too...

i hope when i do the body lift that will fix the problem...

If you have any questions when doing the body lift for the 97 feel free to message me, i just body lifted mine a few weeks back. The kit isn't perfect and needs mods, as the kit for the 97 model is different to 98 and above. The instructions on this site aren't that helpful because they're for a sports model and a different model kit.

If you have any questions when doing the body lift for the 97 feel free to message me, i just body lifted mine a few weeks back. The kit isn't perfect and needs mods, as the kit for the 97 model is different to 98 and above. The instructions on this site aren't that helpful because they're for a sports model and a different model kit.

thank's mate..! which kit did you get? i bought the #PA853 kit

lift1-1.jpg

lift2-1.jpg

Last edited:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Got towed into my workshop, chain broke and its time for rebuild...
photo67.jpg

Back