Very very small vibration in steering wheel | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Very very small vibration in steering wheel

BlackOut33

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Ford Explorer Ltd
Hey Boys!

Hows it going?

I got 4 Pirelli Scorpion ATR All Season Tires installed on the SUV had them ROAD FORCE balanced mechanic used clip on weights in the back of the inner of the tire and also adhesive weights for outside..

When im driving I feel a very small vibration coming inside the steering I took the SUV out on the Expressway here in Canada and there is not 1 sign of a steering shake or anything I cant figure it out anymore.

Last mechanic checked everything all is very tight and well done.

What the heck can it be...I don't want to go back to the mechanic and have him think that I am crazy or something

Any of your advise will be great.

P.S. Ive had them balanced before with weights & for some reason the OUTTER ones would fall off while driving and they used the right weight!

Mind blowing im telling you.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

bad front drive shaft, the ujoints go bad.

Is the ujoint cheaper or best to replace the driveshaft ive put in good coin to this SUV

P.S. I currently have both front & back at 35 PSI

I tried what the sticker said on the limited 30front 35 back didnt make a difference

I had Michelin M/S tires and I never felt it before its only when I switched tires

How much that cost usually?

the front shaft from ford 4 or 800 off the top of my head, the joint, about 30 bucks, i would check that first tho before throwing parts at it.

Wow the driveshaft is pricy ill have my mechanic have a look at the ujoint or driveshaft
I just dont get it happened right after i got my tires

I had Michelin M/S tires and I never felt it before its only when I switched tires
I believe you just answered your own question.

So swshawaii what you think it is buddy? just the tire thread?? I dont know anymore bro! LOL

No clue, but if the tire shop backs their product and work they should correct it.
Why did you switch from one of the most highly regarded tires EVER? (LTX M/S)

My Michelin LTX M/S tires went BALD on me bro and ive had pirelli before on a different vehicle and I really liked them. Plus my MS tires made to much road noise which I didnt like. Mechanic suggested Pirelli ATR Scorpion so ya I can go back to him n say hey this is whats going on what can we do about this.

These Pirelli's are very quiet and I really like them just a very small vibration that if its just because there brand new and they gotta work them self if I will definently understand that

Not much more to say, as long as you're satisfied.
Have the shop check them and report back. Good luck.

Thanks bro I will let you guys know what the heck it can be

switch the back to the front, see if it goes away or not,,

if it does, than one of the front tires has a problem, maybe bad balancing or tread,,

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So your best suggestion take it back to where I got the tires & tell the guys whats going on and see if its a bad tire or not but tell them to rotate them

Back