• Register Today It's free!

0-60 video of my Sport!

13TuxedoSport

Reaction score
City, State
Visalia, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Ford Explorer Sport
Went 0-60 in 5.7 seconds. 2300 miles, 3/4 tank of fuel (roughly). 91 octane fuel (best I can get in California). Just me with no passengers, and 2-35 packs of bottled water in the back (70 bottles @ 16.9 ounces each = 73lbs)

Terrain management was in "Normal mode" but I did turn TRAC off.

Make sure to watch in 1080p with headphones on, you can really hear the turbos at the top!

100% stock.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

cool vid. Can't wait to take ours to the track

after I watched yours, youtube presented a tuned 0-60 run on an ecoboost...
it was impressive TOO :)

Next vid I do will be 1/4 mile :)

Very nice, still taking it kinda easy on mine since it's only at 300 miles. Next video should be like this one :)

That well, apparently the Sport does not have a governor mail to 110 mph as the base models, XLt and Limited

That well, apparently the Sport does not have a governor mail to 110 mph as the base models, XLt and Limited

Nope, I had mine up to around 113-115 and was still going.. :)

is a sport, or another model?, I explorer does not exceed 110 mph

be kind until you know !
English may be a second/third language and if so,
Tavin may be doing better than some born with English as a first language :)

otherwise - what is the purpose of gramma other than to give us cookies !?!

I'm sure your times will be slower after a full run to Costco or Sam's Club. You guys realize your talking about racing mom's mini-van, right?

I'm sure your times will be slower after a full run to Costco or Sam's Club. You guys realize your talking about racing mom's mini-van, right?

Well, you should tell the people that slap on a giant exhaust pipe on their Honda Civics and giant rims more expensive than the car itself with 9 dollar HIDs that go even SLOWER than the Explorer Sport that it's pointless and stupid as well (Well they are) but in terms of performance, I'm pretty sure racing a Ford Explorer Sport is better than racing with an old Honda Civic.
I'd say it's a race worthy minivan.
Also, when you beat someone's ass in a race with your minivan, you just embarrassed everyone.

Troll much?

6852991_f520.jpg

I don't care of racing the wife's explorer is like "racing mom's minivan", or that racing my 9 second 2000 HD f-150 is like "racing dad's farm truck". I love the element of surprise and look on people's faces when vehicles you don't expect to be fast are blowing other people's doors off.

Our mustang everyone expected to be fast, so it wasn't a huge surprise when it ran 12.0's. My HD truck nobody expects that to run 9 seconds. Looking forward to surprising some people with the sport too. Mid-14's is respectible bone stock, but I can't wait to add a few mods and push it into the 13's and eventually a high 12 out of the baby hauler.

The "enthusiasts" are touchy....

The Win is strong in this thread.

I read the governor on Ex Sports is 114mph. I've had mine to 105 while passing a 2008 Mustang GT that thought he could block me in. Hehe. Needless to say, he and his GF saw the shiny tailpipes

FanBoys can be: Touchy and Delusional, but they tend to drive nice vehicles.

Back