01-05 Sport Trac 4x4 Lift Options Discussion | Page 11 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

01-05 Sport Trac 4x4 Lift Options Discussion

Yeah those work great, used them on and old beater that had a sag in one corner so I could get the thing sold.

But you'll be hard pressed making them work on a torsion bar though.

Jeff - :cool:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So even though you put those in i will have to do the TT? I have hurd so much negative feedback about the TT. I just had the front end Aligned and dont want to have it redone. I wonder if the Rancho 2in lift shocks would help?

Hello All, I have a question I put 265-75-16 on my 03 Sport Trac yesterday and they rub on the inner fender well when I turn sharp. Now my question, Has anyone ever used those Spring spacers that you put in between the coil springs that give you 2in lift? I want to lift the whole truck about 4inches but I just bought a new Harley so the truck has to wait a little while. Would this fix the problem temporary?
Your Explorer doesn't have coil springs. It has torsion bars for the front suspension. That's two totally different types of suspensions. So putting spring spacers is out of the question.

I see that now. so really no way to life the front except the TT? I found a lift kit but damn $1800

You can do a TT, get an expensive lift kit or do a solid axle swap.

just do the dixon bros kit, im going to in april. im pretty stoked, i love going fast through the desert :)

Hey guys, I'm new here. I've read through a huge portion of this thread over the last couple of days, but haven't quite found what I"m looking for. Hoping someone can help.

I've got an '01 sport trac that needs new shoes. Right now I have 265/70 R16's, I've been told this is the biggest I can go without modifications. I'd like to go bigger, I was thinking about doing a 3" body lift. Does this actually gain you anything? I see so many of you have done BL's but also do TT or shackles. What is the point of doing a BL and a TT, wouldn't that make the front end higher than the rear? Is the TT required to deal with steering lock rub issues?

This is a daily driver that only goes offroad during hunting season, and never anything serious. I'm convinced that I'd rather not sacrifice ride quality by doing a TT.

Lastly, if I do just a 3" BL, what's the biggest tires I can get away with. Thanks guys...

There are some that have 35s on just a body lift, though I would think that your steering radius would be pretty bad. If your going to do a TT you put lift shackles on the rear. If you do both types of lifts you just do it because you want 5" instead of 3. I currently have TT and shackles. I will do a body lift this year and put 305/70/16 which is 33x12". Currently I'm running 265/75/16.

305/70/16 which is 33x12

I think if My conversion is right 305x.70x2/12 = a 35in tire. I just bought 265x75 16 and they rub my inner back fender on sharp corners, just because I had a wreck. My body lift will be in this week and I plan on going back and getting the 285's or if they have something bigger :)

what about this? http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SUM-7888300 i have been looking into buy this kit for a couple of months now. Does anyone see anything wrong? It looks to be legit and the price is really good. please help
You wouldn't be the first one to use a Ranger kit on an Explorer. But you just have to be prepared to deal with the differences. Like possible different bolt lengths and the bumper brackets being different/wrong for the Sport Trac. If you are not creative and mechanically inclined, then you should only buy the Sport Trac kit from Performance Accessories.

You wouldn't be the first one to use a Ranger kit on an Explorer. But you just have to be prepared to deal with the differences. Like possible different bolt lengths and the bumper brackets being different/wrong for the Sport Trac. If you are not creative and mechanically inclined, then you should only buy the Sport Trac kit from Performance Accessories.

So considering and wise be to buy the Performance accessories one, cause it looks pretty much complete set....?

So considering and wise be to buy the Performance accessories one, cause it looks pretty much complete set....?
Well, it's just easier when you use a kit that is made specifically for your truck. There is a lot of similarities between the regular Explorers/Rangers and Sport Tracs, but not everything.

i have 01 explorer sport 4x4 i did tt 2inches and warrior shackles in back and i have 33 12.50 15s the only reason i can fit them though is due to flared fenders, hanamans fenders are pretty dope or mcneil racing

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If i'm doing the 3" in body lift with 33/12.50-15 tires would anyone recommend wheel spacers to maybe avoid cutting the body trim? btw 15x10 wheels

Back