02 Silver Sport Painting Plastic Trim | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

02 Silver Sport Painting Plastic Trim

02 Explorer Sport Paint Help

Im Considering Having The Plastic Trim And Step Bars On My 02 Explorer Sport Painted. Its Silver With The Dark Plastic Trim Now And Im Thinking Bout Either Painting The Trim And Stepbars Black Or Silver To Match The Car. Does Anyone Have Any Pics Of Their Trim Painted So I Can See What It's Going To Look Like? Thanks Alot.

Im Considering Having The Plastic Trim And Step Bars On My 02 Explorer Sport Painted. Its Silver With The Dark Plastic Trim Now And Im Thinking Bout Either Painting The Trim And Stepbars Black Or Silver To Match The Car. Does Anyone Have Any Pics Of Their Trim Painted So I Can See What It's Going To Look Like? Thanks Alot. HOW MUCH DO YOU THUNK IM GUNNA PAY TO GET THIS DONE?

There's a thread in this section from a few days ago where someone painted their trim black to match their explorer, you could take a look at that. I've never seen a silver sport with the painted trim however.

I've never seen a Sport with matching step bars, but Sport Tracs came with matched bumpers and trim. See:

KenSniderST.gif

It's not a perfect example because the factory trim is smooth, whereas yours is textured, but it should give you an idea of silver all around.

Here's a fella who went with black trim, but removed his step bars.

BradHulseyST.gif

Again, close, but not exactly what you were looking for. Hopefully this will help, though.

As for prices, you'll have to wait for a more knowledgeable person to chime in. Folks have done it themselves with spray paint, but I have no idea of the price for a quality professional prep and spray.

Back