• Register Today It's free!

Ocean Pacific's 4x4

Ocean Pacific

Reaction score
City, State
Lake Arrowhead, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'03 Lifted/Loaded/Locked
This is my 2003 XLT. I've run BTF spacers since November and LOVE them! Rollin on 265/75/16's. Just a couple pics from today. Recently removed the front sway bar, it makes a huge difference for me! :cool:

mybaby.jpg

3Wheeling.jpg

3wheels.jpg

bc0b4ec2.jpg

mybaby2.jpg

mybaby3.jpg

Future Mods: I plan to flush brake system/change rotors/change pads very soon here. That's about the only reasonable and affordable thing I can do right now! :p:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

looks sweet dude! I like those rims :thumbsup:

X2, awesome rig!!!

nice x ... love to see the x getting a workout :)

These are just little side trails off hwy 173 in Lake Arrowhead. Hope to hit the real trails later this week.

Three wheel drive!!!

sweet rig

Nice looking rig!

EDIT: I knew your rig looked familiar. :p: It's in some shots with King of SoCal's ex.

Very NICE!!! Now disconnect that rear sway bar and see if there's any difference;)

looks like its the axle shafts hitting the frame loops (due to the rear spacer lift) that are limiting the flex in the rear, not the swaybar. Pretty much unavoidable with the way these trucks suspensions are designed.

A lunchbox locker or TrueTrac will help with the traction. Only way to get better flex is to do a rear SAS though.

Yea, removing the rear sway bar wouldn't do much, except cause a huge safety problem with the way I drive.;) CV's rub long before more flex is possible. By the looks of that area, they've been rubbing quite a bit.:eek:

Limited slip diff worked great as 4wd was not needed to back out.

nice x

Just some cool shots of the awesome place I live!

0513111539.jpg

0513111537.jpg

0607111626.jpg

1216101537-1.jpg

that looks like it was photo shopped ... just looks like paradise !!!

looks like its the axle shafts hitting the frame loops (due to the rear spacer lift) that are limiting the flex in the rear, not the swaybar. Pretty much unavoidable with the way these trucks suspensions are designed.

A lunchbox locker or TrueTrac will help with the traction. Only way to get better flex is to do a rear SAS though.

Yea, removing the rear sway bar wouldn't do much, except cause a huge safety problem with the way I drive.;) CV's rub long before more flex is possible. By the looks of that area, they've been rubbing quite a bit.:eek:

Limited slip diff worked great as 4wd was not needed to back out.

I realize the suspension is kind of maxed out at drop with the lift, but the swaybar is limiting the compression of the other tire So with the rear sway bar disconneted, the rear tire won't drop much more, but it'll tuck the tire in a little better;)

If the half-shaft is infact hitting the frame, then just add some limiting straps. Add quick disconnects to the front and rear for when you hit the highway, then you'll be safe!

I realize the suspension is kind of maxed out at drop with the lift, but the swaybar is limiting the compression of the other tire So with the rear sway bar disconneted, the rear tire won't drop much more, but it'll tuck the tire in a little better;)

If the half-shaft is infact hitting the frame, then just add some limiting straps. Add quick disconnects to the front and rear for when you hit the highway, then you'll be safe!

True, I didn't think about the compression part.

I'm looking into a limiting strap setup for the rear suspension on mine. I'll post something up when I can figure it out.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

True, it would free up the rear end and feel softer. However, with majority of the weight being placed on the LR wheel already, it flexes just enough.

Disconnects would have to be custom made or modified. I just screw on/off the current tower that connects to the lower A arm. Limit straps are a must for front/rear in the future. :thumbsup:

Back