• Register Today It's free!

04' Explorer center console

YankeeBob

Reaction score
City, State
NH
Year, Model & Trim Level
None yet. Looking @ 2003
I have used the search and haven't found the answer to my question.
How do I remove the center console? I have my XM radio I want to mount under the heater controls on the console.
Help please!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome aboard YankeeBob! :salute:

I hope you are YankeeBob because you are from the north and not a Yankees fan!!!!!

zeNSHMBT6yQry4IfDrBhpbvbqgNERQ2wSXvijWVu9NfPiwvDqF50cdAxevppaFmKE2OgQ-CRpZUTu_rSV6lEhxk2AXsDGRSbjbPC_mIG3n4puOSl8x9OrU1dpnMjG4ZmCKAi5hA_g4Sx1KZVF-QUdRf_RTaxV7GtX62o5GZmKQ

Check out my write up on How To: Replace Blend Door Actuator in 3rd Gen Ex.

It has details for removing the center console.

Yep. Born and raised in the North!
Red Sox fan all the way!! Go Red Sox!!
Yuck the Fankees!!

Now, how do I remove my center console??

look within his link his first message has a very well worded explaination on how to take the center console apart

If you have any questions let me know.

Hey Big Rondo, read your write up for the blend door, great job. I'm curious, in figure 1d in removing the center console, you show wiring going to a blank plate under the rubber mat. Was that a live lead? I was looking for something to tap into for power to a switch for my under dash LED lighting and this might be perfect.

Thanks

Hey Big Rondo, read your write up for the blend door, great job. I'm curious, in figure 1d in removing the center console, you show wiring going to a blank plate under the rubber mat. Was that a live lead? I was looking for something to tap into for power to a switch for my under dash LED lighting and this might be perfect.

Thanks

I do believe it is live, although I didn't check it. I'm guessing it is used if you have the smoker's package. I think the power point would go there and the cigarette lighter would go where the power point is now.

If you do decide to use it, be sure to let us know if it is live or not!

1dDisconnectPowerSources.jpg

This may be a good opportunity for me to switch the power feeding my 12v accessory outlet in the console from always hot to switched. I have my cellphone charger and XM power coming from that outlet and I don't want to have to remove them every time I shut the vehicle off. I would want the outlet powered down when the key turns off.
Now I just need to find a switched power lead in there.

been there. That extra power lead is always Hot in fact both are. For switched i actually used the ACC off the radio, its what runs the GPS. I don't see a reason why you couldn't run a wire but I would put any big power draw on it. .

Been looking for the smokers kit. . .

Yankeebob, where are you in NH? I am in Sutton which is NW of Concord about 30 minutes.

Gotta love Lake Winnipesaukee. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Back