• Register Today It's free!

04 system build

badloser

Reaction score
City, State
Port St Lucie,FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Explorer XLT
Well I have decided to finanly install a system in my 04 Explorer . I alrready have a Alpine Navi head unit and a JL stealth box with the w3v3 sub.I need to buy amps and speakers. I thought about the Hertz hi energy 6.5's for the front and some for rear fill. A JL HD 900/5 for thte power. Any ideas to keep the cost down as these will be a little bit more than I want to spend. I like mid bass as I listen to rock music like old school ac/dc,nickelback and so on..

That Amplifier is awesome. It's small and packs a ton of power. If you are okay changing the amp the Alpine PDX-V9 has the same power rating and foot print.
As for the speaker I haven't hear much about Hertz. Looking through their website they have some nice components. But for the best bang for buck I would recommend these Infinity Kappa 680.9cs from us. Great reviews and plenty of volume on the mids.

I would find a store and go there and listen to the speakers. being a forum you will get many opinions on what others like. what one person likes, another may not.

Back