• Register Today It's free!

07 Ford ranger xlt 4.0

Drdutton88

Reaction score
City, State
Hinsdale New York
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 Ford ranger xlt
I'm looking for a legend for the 4.0 sohc and if I can't get a legend then can anyone tell me what #22 on the diagram is. I took my 07 Ford ranger to the mechanic and he said something broke off inside the timing chain area. I couldn't get a part name out of him and it's significance. The piece I was shown looked similar to #22 but It had been somewhat mangled. If you happen to know if the part that broke is something different let me know. Please help

18115-e88beaa508220759340becbf897fa1a1.gif

I'm looking for a legend for the 4.0 sohc and if I can't get a legend then can anyone tell me what #22 on the diagram is. I took my 07 Ford ranger to the mechanic and he said something broke off inside the timing chain area. I couldn't get a part name out of him and it's significance. The piece I was shown looked similar to #22 but It had been somewhat mangled. If you happen to know if the part that broke is something different let me know. Please help

View attachment 435360
welcome to EF! can you make an arrow to which 22 is? on my end the image is too low def to make out numbers

my guess: if its something timing related it may be acasette, or guide.

Back