09 Sport trac Adrenelin Questions... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

09 Sport trac Adrenelin Questions...

vcr_trac09

Reaction score
City, State
Richmond,BC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2009 Adrenilin
Hello Out There,new to the board.

I have a '09 Adrenelin and a couple of questions .....

One is the stock alarm ( not the fob that unlocks, which really is all it does lock/unlock) Is it worth upgrading to the 6 Button alarm which would add remote start,perimeter sensor (apparently) basically a real security system.
oh and the dealer mentioned that they can install a compustar system that will not void any warranty as long as they install.... scam?? not sure. But the service manager just became aware of this so i'm not sure.

So i could go that way or third party (compustar,viper) but that might
have warranty issues ( to which i have full warranty+extended ) so thats a concern.

basically, if you have a security system is it ford or third party?
If you have the full ford system, can you let me know about it.

also, anyone have a good source for aftermarket customizing ie; mirrors,light kits etc etc .

Thanks in advance for any info

:ca:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

what part of the warranty would a viper system void?

The wife and I have been playing with our trucks alarms.
I found by playing around with the touch pad we have enabled more sensitivity in the alarm. Loud trucks now set hers off. Setting the alarm by tapping the 8/10 twice quickly did that.

alarm...

Was not told specifically that it would but was not told it wouldn't either.

Basically comes down to whats needed. Current fake alarm (flashing red led,fob that only unlocks) not sufficient. So do i opt for the factory upgrades to remote start and perimeter/glass shock sensors,siren(?) or do i opt for the dealers other option of installing a compustar system ( which not sure which model exactly) installed by them and then subsequently would fall under my warranty for the truck (all extended warranty) OR go elsewhere for install of either compustar or viper most likely. Would like to have remote start and proper shock/glass sensors; can you put a switch on the tailgate??

Then the problem is that of finding a decent installer here in Vancouver,bc.... not as many as in past years.

I am waiting for dealership to install the upgraded factory perimeter alarm. Should be in the next week I will let you know how it works. You could try audiomotion in Poco for alarms and stereos. Apparently they do very high end cars there.

alarm...

crankinaway.... Did you get the alrm done on your trac yet? If so, what are your impressions and cost?

Thanks

crankinaway.... Did you get the alrm done on your trac yet? If so, what are your impressions and cost?

Thanks

Yes I did, alarm works very well. You can set the warn away mode so if you l stomp your foot near the truck or knock on the window it will honk at you or even set off the full alarm if you want. I can remember exactly how many sensitivity levels there are but I think it is close 60. The remote start works great even when I can't see the truck from my 3rd floor apartment with the truck in the underground. As for price I cannot comment because I bargained it in with the purchse.

Back