1 inch lift on the rear only....?? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1 inch lift on the rear only....??

redneckincanada

Reaction score
City, State
Winnipeg
Year, Model & Trim Level
2010 Ford Adrenalin
Hey guys,

I was looking through your forums but couldn't find anything about just lifting the rear.
I recently bought a 2010 Adrenalin and will be towing a 2500lb boat with it, but I just hate hate hate that rear sagging look once the trailer is hooked up. I had this on my '04 Pathfinder and couldn't stand it.
I was thinking of putting 1 inch spacers on just the rear to balance it out, or should I go 1.5 inch?
I do not care if there is some rake (I actually don't mind that look).
Any ideas?? Is it safe to do this just on the rear?
Also, where can I buy these if I need them? (I'm in Canada btw)

Thanks.

Sure you can add spacers for the rear then get it realigned. Just remember the strut spacers probably only need to be about 3/4" tall at most to net 1" of lift.

To my knowledge there isn't anything you can add to the rear like air bags because of the shock in coil IRS setup.

Only option is a truxx leveling kit. The CV shafts run through the rear frame extremely limiting the amount you can alter the drive angles. Same reason the max load is so limited compared to something with a solid axel. Tis the cost of having a car like ride.

Does anyone know if there is an install guide for these at all? Tried searching here and google and couldn't find anything.

Back