18 X 9's | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

18 X 9's

Anybody running 18 X 9 rims with 285/50 18s? Any ideas on rub? especially on a lowered AWD X. Performance Wheel Outlet has Bullitt knokoffs on sale I was thinking about the 18X 9s, obviosly. Input will be appreciated, thanx all.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

im pretty sure thats what lowdpypes runs on his X, but he has 2" of lift to clear them, thats almost a 12.5" wide tire. trust me, ive put a 295/45/20 up against a 33x12.5 MTR and they were the same width!

you may have rubbing issues up front. the inside lip of the wheel my rub the lip of the lower control arm at full turn, and the tire may rub the swaybar at full turn. i say go for it anyway. :)

just for reference, a 285/50/18 is 29.3" tall. about the same height as stock.

That will be close. The only real way to tell is to get them and try them on. Worse case is that you have to get spacers or sell them for what you paid for them to someone else. Go for it and let us know how they look!

how about 20 x 8.5 any ideas? anybody got an idea what tire would be best on this size rim?

Thanks a lot, you people are the best

most run a 275/45/20. you should have no rubbing issues with that size tire and a 20" wheel.

Pirelli makes a Scorpion in 265/50 18. I think those may be what I go with.

Are those the A/T's? I know the Zero's don't come in 265/50. Well in a couple weeks I will be putting(most likely) some 18 x 9, 285/50/18 wheel/tire combo on my 02 so we can settle this.

I meant 20s not 18s

97ExplorerV8AWD, Yes to answer your PM, I love the GoodYears. Especially for the cost. If money was no object I would go for the Toyo Proxies. The GY's are 275/45 - 20's, The Toyo's would have to be 265/50 - 20's.

Back