• Register Today It's free!

1951 F7 6x6

Mr_Evil

Reaction score
City, State
Amarillo TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 F250
Here is another truck to add to my collection. I had an old Hercules Flathead six engine from a John Deere Combine (that also happened to fit a Diamond T Pickup ca 1947) out on my farm and I traded it for this...

dsc00558.jpg

That friends is my 1951 F7 6x6 Truck. Not military, not a prototype. It is a Marmon Harrington Conversion that was purchased by Southwestern Public Service (electric company) Hence why they would need a 6x6. Right now as the picture shows it's a big pile and the 390 that's on it is nothing more than a boat anchor. But I have a complete cab and front clip from a 1950 F8 and my dad's helping me get a donor F8 for it. Too bad I won't probably get started on it for another 5 years. Good thing I'm only 19. I want to get a Ford Racing 514 to put on that bad boy and put a good 6" of lift on it (the springs on the front axle are mounted underneath) The Drive train is good and the only missing piece for it really is a Marmon Harrington Badge for the hood and the front driveshaft. Other than that she's all there (sans two wheels) I have more pics of the truck if you guys want to see so just let me know and I'll get you linkage.

Gl man love to c it when u get dont is it gonna be for drag or show?

Chase

Originally posted by SC'92Explorer
Gl man love to c it when u get dont is it gonna be for drag or show?
Chase
WOW!!!

Sounds like one helluva project Dr.

Good Luck with it!!!

Robb

Well, I'm plannin on making this rig a Showtoy and wheelin toy. We get some pretty good action up at the Canadian River. Anyway, I'm gonna put a better bumper/brushguard on the front with a hydraulic winch runnin off the PTO. Also gonna have a dump bed on it with a hoist. I'm also considering taking the cab it has and splicing it to the rear of my new cab for a good people hauler.

Back