1994 explorer heater control valve | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1994 explorer heater control valve

tk1251k

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 2005
I need to see pics of heater control valve installed with correct routing of heater hoses into valve and into heater core. I somehow still think mine are wrong from other pics I 've seen. THANKS

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I need this as well. Can anyone help?

Big pics in this thread.
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=200863

The heater control valve has arrows on it to help get it right.

Just remember, Water comes FROM the upper intake and goes to the heater control valve (look at the arrow). It then goes from the heater control valve back to the water pump. That will take care of the 2 lines on 1 side of the valve.

On the other side of the heater control valve are the 2 lines to the heater. It doesn't matter which port on the heater each one goes to BUT, if the cooling system has been neglected try to put the 2 lines to the heater on the same ports they were on before. This will keep you from flowing the coolant the other direction which may dislodge crap that is stuck in the heater core.

~Mark

I don't have the old setup to go by. Someone replaced the control valve with inline shutoff valves which are leaking.

I don't have the old setup to go by. Someone replaced the control valve with inline shutoff valves which are leaking.

Is the Vacuum line still there for you to use? As long as you have that, and you get the flow direction right (follow the arrows) its not a hard job.

~Mark

Yea the vacuum line is there with duct tape on the end of it. My main concern was hose placement. Good to know it doesn't matter about the ones going into and from the heater core. After reading over posts here thought Think I need to order the Motorcraft part from RockAuto instead of an aftermarket one from Autozone.

I installed a used valve from a '94 into my '93. Where do I hook up the vacuum line for it to operate properly? Thanks guys!!

Back