1994 Explorer w/ Solid Dana 30 PICS...... | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1994 Explorer w/ Solid Dana 30 PICS......

1994 Explorer w/ Solid Dana 30

Okay, well after a month of planning and collecting parts I have finally started the solid axle conversion for my daily driver. I will list what I am using to gain the lift below. This is my daily driver and is used to promote a band that I work for. I was hired as Promotions Director for a band by the name Red Tape Poetry www.redtapepoetry.com . I still have my 1992 Explorer that is trailored to the trail.

1994 Four Door Explorer:
-Dana 30 from 94 Jeep Wrangler
-3.5" Lifted Leafs Front (Superlift) for Jeep
-3.0" Lifted Leafs Rear (Rough Country) Explorer
-Spring over front Dana 30
-Spring over rear Ford 8.8
-Rancho 9000 shocks front and back
-M.O.R.E Spring pads for Ford 8.8 & Dana 30
-37 x 12.50 x 15 Goodyear MTR's
-Custom Driveshafts
-Brakelines
-Fabricated suspension system and mounting system for solid axle conversion by Unique Concepts of Tx.
www.uniqueconceptsoftx.com
-4.88 Gears front and back

Much more to come. The rear is done and the front will almost be completed by today. I will have some pics shortly. Remember this is a daily and will not see the dirt so the Dana 30 will be fine w/ the 37's.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

that is NIce!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

hey Trckmagik i live in austin and was wondering who did the sas for you beacuse i cant really find anyone hear who does that kind of stuff . Also how much did it run you if you wouldn't mind telling. thanks

Fury,

The place that did mine was Unique Concepts out of Lewisville, Texas.
www.uniqueconceptsoftx.com
The owners name is Chuck and is a super nice guy. I would contact him and let him give you a ball park price. The do great work.
Check out there website and get the phone number. Let Chuck know that Brian Green sent you. Let me know what you guys come up with.

That thing is sick!
I want to see the driveline agles and some close ups of the suspension...

That truck will definatley stand out on the street! :)

How does it drive and how long are the ladders?

hmmm ... do you have the stock rear axle?? how will the axle hole up to such big tires? same ? for the dana 30.... i didntt think you could go bigger than botu 35"s on them...

and if you already answered these ?'s im srry i must have missed it

PEACE

Your truck looks a lot like mine one question though, your rims look like mikey thompson classic 2. Are they 10's or 8's what are the back spacing? They don't seam to stick out as much as mine. Mine are 10's and i need fender flares they stick out about 3''. Those are 37'' mtr same as mine also. Truck looks cool keep up the pics!!

ExplorerKid,
The rear axle is fine with a 37" tire on it. The front Dana 30 would explode really quick if this explorer was going to be offroaded. I have a trail only explorer and this one was just to give me something to work on while not working on my trail explorer.
The plum truck you see here is a true street queen and will not see the dirt so the dana 30 will be fine

So are you driving this thing around yet? Updates :D

I just got my custom steering from M.O.R.E color matched and installed. The truck is like night and day now as far as stering is concerned.
I have a thread started regarding issues getting it inspected as it is 4" over the headlight laws. So I am working on that. But other than that it is being drivin sometimes. This is a street queen and I do have the trail truck but this was more of a fun project ( and still is) it will never be driven daily, So she just sits next to the trail truck at times. It gets mucho attention at all inetersections though. More pics to come! We got a new digital camera so I can post pics once again.

How well does the front articulate? That thing is mega tall!! Do you have pics of the front flexing you can send or post??
:thumbsup:

No I dont... Like I have said, this truck is just for looks and wont see the dirt. I have another explorer for the dirt. Therefore, it has not been on my list of things to do. I will see what I can do in the near future for ya.

Originally posted by Trckmagik

I have a thread started regarding issues getting it inspected as it is 4" over the headlight laws. So I am working on that.

Dang I like the looks of it even if its a street queen. I will look for the other thread you referenced.

There are also lots of pictures of my trail rig. Do a search for Haunted Gilmer and take a look at those. Mine is the Four door white explorer.

I have seen a lot of the pics of your trail rig. I am interested in doing a big street queen also so I was curious as to what kinds of legal issues you ran into.

I am curious though. Notajp did almost the same thing with his and he didn't have any legal issues that I have heard of. And Chief has a monsterous lift when you add in the 3" BL, but I don't know if he drives it daily either.

I have a spring over axle on both front and rear along with 4" lifted leaf springs. I then installed a 3" body lift. I am roughly 18"s over a stock explorer. If you measure from the top of your lense (headlight) to the ground I am at 58"s. Texas does not have a lift law at all but we do have a headlight limit. This means that you can lift as high as you want but u then must install full time DOT approved lights within the legal limits.

Oh I see how that works. 58" that is BIG

Originally posted by AlaskanJack
Oh I see how that works. 58" that is BIG

Yes it is, with my SAS and a 3" BL...on 33's i am sitting at 51"

Good God ya'lls trucks are tall. My SAS on 36's is only at 48 3/4 with 30 psi in the tires.

Your truck looks really nice Brian, I need to see it in person sometime and check out the fab work.

Thanks. I wanted this one tall as its just for fun and crusing on nice days. Otherwise it just sits :) Michael you need to come up here. I see you have a bike now. I just bought a dual sport. Throw your bike in the truck and come up for the weekend. We can go cruisin.

Back