• Register Today It's free!

1995 Mazda B2300 Manual Trans.

tlredd54

Reaction score
City, State
Richmond, Virginia
Year, Model & Trim Level
1995 Mazda B2300 Eng.
Hello community, I am from Richmond, Virginia.
I am here to hopefully help you and you help me, I have a 1995 Mazda B2300 Manual Trans and I have a problem like you all were discussing.
Here is what I have found with my Mazda, I lowered the steering wheel down enough without breaking anything. Removing everything in the way.
There is a plastic slide between the Key Switch and the Electrical Switch that is broken and will not allow me to turn off my truck but I can start it up with the key.
My question is where can we find the parts needed to make the repair?
I have been working on vehicles since 1975 and this is the first time I have encountered a problem like this one.
Okay, Community where can we get this part from beside the Junk Yard?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

There are some parts that have to be found good/used. That is likely one of them. Try a local junkyard. Occasionally you can get lucky and find what you need on Ebay.

There are some parts that have to be found good/used. That is likely one of them. Try a local junkyard. Occasionally you can get lucky and find what you need on Ebay.
Thank you Mr. Rick's I will take that under consideration but the junkyards are very much limited for the 1995 Mazda B23000 parts I have been there on other parts for this Mazda. But I will do as you have mentioned.

Ignition switches are available new. The $64k question is did the pin fall out of the upper lock actuator. That is usually what causes the key not being able to turn the vehicle off.

I’m not familiar with that exact part so I don’t know how specific it is, but I would think that it’s the same in any 93-97 Ranger and maybe back to 90 or 91, also 91-94 Explorers and maybe further into the 90s.
Also seems like you could just swap in a whole steering column from any of the mentioned vehicles.

Back