xmodster3o3

Reaction score
City, State
Ontario, Ca, USA
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 XL
Just pop in a Ghetto NOS.
1. Drill into your intake tube.
2. Run a little tube from the intake to the inside of your truck.
3. Then get a can of hair spray and hook it up to your tube.
4. Run down the highway and press your hair spary can and watch your cheap power up work.
5. Drive past all those Chevys.

I dare someone to try it, I havent and wouldn't.
Just really bored.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

what would the point of hairspray do? the point of NO2 is to force feed more volatile air into the intake induction system... hairspray is flammable, but not in the pressures and amount needed to do anything other than cuase predetonation.....

My friend asked the same question, my reply was "I just don't know."
Thanx for reply.

not to mention that hair spray is too heavy and does not have nearly enough propoultion ( sp?) to travel the distance to even make it to the intake. Even with the intake suction.

Sounds to me like you're trying to make a potato gun intake? :rolleyes:

Just trying to help:

MONMIX:
"propulsion"

And the hairspray is flammable, but not highly, nor pressured, nor cleanly burning like NOS. But if you were to have a pressurized can of lighter fluid....
Just kidding! Stop this nonsense.

Karl

I've always wanted to make a potato gun, those things are AWESOME!

if you want plans for a cheap air powered (non explosive) one ill hook it up! we made one, its pimp.

How about shoving the whole can into one of the cylinders. Then when the can is compressed and explodes you have a sudden burst of power! Eh? Eh? Maybe not. But I would never do any crazy mod like that. I know that it's not a serious idea, but come on now, someone has to be the guinea pig.

As far as the potato gun goes, I'd love to build one, but I'm so broke that I can't really even drive anymore! 4x4 is eating up my gas, especially when I gun it past the people who are practically stopped in the next lane.

How about running a bottle of 02 into the intake, it would be the best intake ever, work like a charger.

Originally posted by xmodster3o3
How about running a bottle of 02 into the intake, it would be the best intake ever, work like a charger.

Plus it would make the truck instantly explode. Sounds good to me.

Originally posted by xmodster3o3
1.gif

the bottle of o2 thing has actualy been done. Results were marginal at best.

i like to think of myslef as a bit of a potato gun master. I broke the sound barrier with an oxygen acetlyene injected gun made of welded steel :) do NOT do this with PVC. pvc is good for propane injection though.

Alec, instantly explode the engine or instantly explode in power. Seems like it would work to me.

Wow, what ignorance. Hairspray, o2, wd-40, they wont make your engine produce more power. It will just screw stuff up.

Remember Apollo 1? The crew compartment blew up on the launch pad because they were using 100% pressurized O2 and there was a tiny spark. Pure oxygen is fairly dangerous to handle, and there's the (good) chance that the explosion would travel up the feed line into the bottle.

Pure oxygen is not flammable, its just that fire needs oxygen to burn, at Apollo 1 it had all the oxygen it wanted so of course its going to burn up quick.
So there is no chance of the fire reaching the bottle.
Think of a blow torch just running the 02 and trying to light it up, nothing will happen.

Well I've seen plenty of O2 bottles blow up. I know a fire needs 1) oxy 2) fuel 3) ignition. However, with proper ignition and pure oxy, it is very easy for the fire to find the fuel it needs.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I always thought " Spud Musket " was a cooler name.

Back