Soundguys Official New Sport Thread | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Soundguys Official New Sport Thread

Ok Ok, Im sorry I know everyone knows I got a new car already, but I just realized that since Im going to be doing stuff to it, Id rather have one thread that is updated than making anew thread for each new toy I get ... :)

So to Recap - If you didnt know, I got a 2003 Black Explorer Sport XLS, automatic... Stock... Power Windows/Locks, CD player, 16" alloy rims, working A/C... yeah thats the important stuff...

9555sideview-med.jpg

9555side1-med.jpg

Since I got it in the begining of May 2003, I have since added:

Neon Interior Lights - 3 bars. One under the center dash, and one on each side of the rear seating area.

9555front_neon2.jpg

Sub/Amp - One 12 Inch Pioneer Sub and a Lightning Audio Amp. Sounds nice, not too loud, which is good bc I wasnt looking to blow anyone away, just to add a nice low end to my stock set up.

9555sub.jpg

Future Mods

Looking to add a Westin Stainless Steel Safari Gaurd and some driving lights, and also some Stainless Running Bars/Nerf Bars. Anyone have any advice on a good looking/good quality set?

Also want to add a new Head Unit. Possibly a In Dash Screen, but not sure. I hate to remove the stock set up bc I like the way it fits just right. Adding an aftermarket kit always looks funny in that oversized hole.

As far as which direction the Torsion Bar will twist is still debatable. I know lowering would look nice, and I give mad props to MAtt and the others who have done such, but a taller Sport is sooooo rare, and I really want to do somethin that looks different around here. Anyone with experience lifting this vehicle, I am always open for advice.

Well... I think that covers most of it for now. More pics to come. Thanks.
--Bryan

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well if you need any help with any suspension mods like TT/shackles or anything like that I only live like 45 minutes away. I could always help out. Help out a fellow Texas member. Thats if I make it back by the end of the summer.

Well, I finally added the Fog lights this morning. I really like the way they turned out. The white/clear looks sharp against the black truck in my opinion.

In this last pic you can also see the blue tint... I added 2 lights inside my grille... blue strobes. I will be using them for work, not intemidating police officers... i promise! No, I really do mean that, I wont be doing anything dumb so dont worry. You can see the lenses of the lights in some of the lit pics.

Total Cost: $50 plus tax.
$20 Pilot Driving Light Set
$10 Strobe Lighting Set Up
$20 (Dont remember the Brand) Fog Light Set

9555front3-med.jpg

9555front2-med.jpg

9555front-med.jpg

9555dark-med.jpg

--Bryan

Looking good Bryan. I like your fog lights. Keep up the good work.

You left you licence plate in that last pic!

Check out my home page and see what I have been up to!

Originally posted by Soundguy01tx
As far as which direction the Torsion Bar will twist is still debatable. I know lowering would look nice, and I give mad props to MAtt and the others who have done such, but a taller Sport is sooooo rare, and I really want to do somethin that looks different around here. Anyone with experience lifting this vehicle, I am always open for advice.

Just the opposite of lowering. Crank the Tbars up and Warrar shackes. for the rear. 2" all around and you are lifted.

Those lights look awsome!!!!

I like the lights!

And it seems like a new avatar is in order :)

Thanks guys... I am lookin into the cost of having my body molding painted like yours Matt... and the search for rims is never ending... actually its my checkbook and bank account that end too soon haha.
--bryan

Man :nono: As an 02 black sport owner (exact same as yours) this is very disapointing. :nono: Your gonna drive a Chevy now??? :nono: Very Very bad news for me to hear.....Im gonna go cry now.

You're selling your '02 Sport already? WTF?! :confused: :banghead: :roll:

crashwave, its actually an 03, and i was thinkin about it... but i think im keepin it now. Ive got too many miles to put on it in the next few weeks, so Im just gonna suck it up and enjoy it haha. Sorry for the breif frustration and worry there haha.
--bryan

Very nice, Bryan. I grabbed a pic to put into the screensaver I'm making for the forum.

Take care,

Sandy :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back