2000 Ford Explorer Power Window Switch | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2000 Ford Explorer Power Window Switch

StupidNewbie

Reaction score
Hi, as you may gather from my username, I'm a stupid newbie, not particularly automotively inclined.

I have a 4 door, 2000 Ford Explorer, Eddie Bauer.
I need to replace the power window switch on the driver's side door. It shorted out and I cannot control the rear passenger side window.

The issue, and I'm sure this sounds ridiculous...is that I cannot figure out how to disconnect the switch.
I can remove the door panel and get access to the switch...but I cannot figure out how to disconnect the wires.
I do not see any obvious retaining clips to disconnect.

So...can you help a stupid newbie out?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

We are all NEWBIES at one time. You have chosen a very good website by coming here, so you are not "a stupid" newbie. It is amazing how we can learn from each other.

Your first step is to get yourself a "CHILTON" #26688 repair manual.

The wire can be disconnected from the switch. Since it is shorted, you may want to pull one of the battery terminal off before attempt to do the job.

Welcome aboard!! :salute:

I have sent you a PM with the procedure.

Hope this helps out. :biggthump

I just bought a 2002 Sport Trac. Was showing a friend the rear poer window and now it won't go back up. It gets halfway then slides back down. I tried holding the dial in the "up" position until it closes, but that does nothing. Hope It's not broken, or a bad window motor. There is nothing in the way, of the window, to cause it to not close. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Back