2000 Ranger suspension control arms and ball joints....... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2000 Ranger suspension control arms and ball joints.......

Victor Newman

Reaction score
City, State
Oregon
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Ford Ranger XLT
79,000 miles on ODO. 1FTZR15V1YTA16032. Was told by a shop that I have been to before.....that they are worn out and need replacing. I am a mechanic know nothing. Bought in 2006 with 72,000 miles. NAPA parts are $885 for upper and lower....and labor will be 5-6 hours for $550. 4WD and Torsion Bar.........

Sound reasonable ?
Thank you.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

79,000 miles on ODO. 1FTZR15V1YTA16032. Was told by a shop that I have been to before.....that they are worn out and need replacing. I am a mechanic know nothing. Bought in 2006 with 72,000 miles. NAPA parts are $885 for upper and lower....and labor will be 5-6 hours for $550. 4WD and Torsion Bar.........

Sound reasonable ?
Thank you.
885?!?!?!??!??!?!?! they made of gold? iirc even the nice ones arent above 200, no? labor i can see, yes. i dont think the parts cost is reasonable however.

Check rockauto for parts pricing.

Compare to Moog, motor craft , acDelco brands.
Napa parts are good but higher priced.

5-6 hours is not really far off I guess, I'd think a pro could work faster.

Add to bill a complete front alignment. It's definitely needed. If tearing down this far, tie rod ends should be considered as replacing them later will require another alignment.

885?!?!?!??!??!?!?! they made of gold? iirc even the nice ones arent above 200, no? labor i can see, yes. i dont think the parts cost is reasonable however.
That Price is for complete upper and lower control arms, I think. Has to be

Back