2000 sport pretty much done...pictures | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2000 sport pretty much done...pictures

99sportxplor3

Reaction score
City, State
Dover
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 sport
pa883
4 door leafs
aals
shackles
33x12.5 dunlop mud rovers
stock 4.10s
5 speed

just need to do rear bumper brackets and gap guards...ill get some wheeling pics soon. hopefully these pics work

3068386_1_full.jpg

3068386_2_full.jpg

3068386_3_full.jpg

3068386_4_full.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

nice sport u got there keep up the good work

the first day i got the tires on i pulled out 3 buried trucks pretty easily...a taco and 2 lifted jeeps. I was pretty impressed with the amount of traction it has in the mud. I really like the mud rovers.

Looks great man. I am tempted to lift mine up every time I see a lifted sport. Do you have a limited slip in the rear? My sport came with 4.10s but has an open diff. I get stuck everywhere in the snow. lol

how do you like the 33s with 4.10s? my '99 sport has the 4.10s from the factory and i'm itching to step up to 33s from these 32s.

Looks great man. I am tempted to lift mine up every time I see a lifted sport. Do you have a limited slip in the rear? My sport came with 4.10s but has an open diff. I get stuck everywhere in the snow. lol

An open diff is great!...
Because it's cheap and easy to put an aussie locker in there!

By the way, the truck looks great 99sportxplor3! I always liked the short wheel base sports when they're lifted.

how do you like the 33s with 4.10s? my '99 sport has the 4.10s from the factory and i'm itching to step up to 33s from these 32s.

You'll hardly notice a difference between 32's and 33's.
I ran 33's with 4.10's on my sport trac for a while (heavier) and it wasn't bad. 4.56 would be better but 4.10's were plenty liveable.

I am not sure if i have a limited slip or open diff...I have had no problems with traction though.
I have the OHV engine and it has plenty of power with the 33's. Gas mileage isnt all that great. Really wish i had the sohc for that...
Ill post some flex pics soon. Took out the rear sway bar and now i get ridiculous articulation for not having lift shocks...

Looks great! Sometimes i wish i had my 4 door AND a sport, they look good.

more pics...

here are some pics with it flexed in the rear a bit....There was nothing else in my yard to flex on.

3068386_7_full.jpg

3068386_6_full.jpg

3068386_5_full.jpg

If anybody comes across this and knows a bit about the ohv engine i would love to know a few things i could buy to get back 2-3 mpg...intake??? exhaust??

I never got good mileage on my 98 ranger 4.0 ohv, not after the body lift and 33's. Mine had 3.73's and a manual tranny, but averaged 14mpg, no matter what I tried.
My sport trac now averages the same, but I think it would get quite a bit better on the highway if it weren't for the roof rack.

I never got good mileage on my 98 ranger 4.0 ohv, not after the body lift and 33's. Mine had 3.73's and a manual tranny, but averaged 14mpg, no matter what I tried.
My sport trac now averages the same, but I think it would get quite a bit better on the highway if it weren't for the roof rack.

Yea i dont feel like im even getting that and i have a manual and 4.10's...wut did u try???

Exhaust, different tire pressures, different air filters, different driving and shifting styles.
However if you wanted I suppose running synthetics in everything would help, also maybe going with an electric fan and a underdrive pulleys. I just didn't think it made since to spend hundred of dollars to gain 1mpg.

Exhaust, different tire pressures, different air filters, different driving and shifting styles.
However if you wanted I suppose running synthetics in everything would help, also maybe going with an electric fan and a underdrive pulleys. I just didn't think it made since to spend hundred of dollars to gain 1mpg.

yea thats true...Just went wheelin ill try and get pics up...

sorry about not havin pics up yet...i cant seem to find my digital anywhere

If anybody comes across this and knows a bit about the ohv engine i would love to know a few things i could buy to get back 2-3 mpg...intake??? exhaust??

i have the ohv w/ 33's except im running 3.73 gears....but just got my MAC cold air intake installed and have my under drive pulley on order...hopefully after i have both installed ill be able to get 2-3 mpgs back with good driving habits...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

nice:thumbsup: your sport looks good
cant wait to get my BL on

Back