2002 CD changer problem solved...... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2002 CD changer problem solved......

Gregg Z.

Reaction score
City, State
Naperville, IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Explorer EB
A short time ago I posted a thread asking for help with a problem I was having with my CD changer.

Many times it would not recognize disks, and often would not eject them fully. It got worse and worse, and started scratching the CD's when I finally worked them out.

Just thought I'd let you know I found a solution.

I started by looking for whole head units. A new one was pricey, and the used ones on ebay weren't cheap either. Finally I stumbled across a guy on ebay who sells just the CD changer/player portion.

You have to remove the head unit, and undo a couple of screws that hold in the CD changer behind the face plate. It's kind of like adding a new drive to a computer.

It only ran $40.00, and works perfectly.

I have no affiliation with the seller, just thought it might be a helpful solution for any of you experiencing the same problem.

Gregg

Hello Gregg...I too have a 2002 EB with a CD changer problem...I just got it and it has 4 of them stuck...I've been reading some of the other posts and will try their suggestions but if those don't work can you tell me more about this ebay seller, what it is you bought and how you got yours out and the new one back in?

Back