• Register Today It's free!

2002 drl

DiBo

Reaction score
City, State
Millet, Alberta
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Eddie Bauer 4.0 4x4
I have an 02 Eddie and the DRL's are not working. I know that the DRL Module is right behind the fuse box, but I was wondering if there is another fuse or controller that would stop the system from working ar would the control module the firts place to look?

P.S. the other lights and automatic night time lights work just fine.

so I went and took out the module too see if anything was obviously wrong with it and brought it inside. A few hours later i decided to reconnect it to see if maybe it was a loose connection, the DRL's started working again!!!! About an hour they stopped again, so i removed the module and brought it back inside once again for about an hour, reconnected and again it works. its been working for a few hours this time and am holding my breath that it keeps working until i get my OOP vehicle inspection done next week.

My 02 Mounty don't even have running lights. That is wierd is it a Canada thing?

STU

every vhicle has to have DRL's. I dont know what year they started saying that the manufacturers needed to install them but now the guidlines are that if your vehicle is equiped from the factory with DRL's they have to be functional, alternately any vehicle that a dealership imports from the US that would normaly have been equiped with DRL's in Canada has to be retrofitted with them to pass inspection and be re-.sold

Back