2002 EB constant heat coming out floor vent? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2002 EB constant heat coming out floor vent?

mackenzi476

Reaction score
City, State
Champlin, MN
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Eddie Bauer
we have constant hot air flowing out of the floor vent, and its getting old, its really hot on the leg. the a/c works fine when turned on. the heat works on all settings, but no matter what position you put it in, i.e. floor, defrost, etc. it will always come out of the floor as well. and im thinking that it is taking most of the flow from the defrost because it doesnt come out very strong from the defrost. anyone have any ideas what it might be? im not hearing a clink sound like some people do. i can hear something moving when i push the buttons for defrost, floor, etc. thanks for the input. its a 2002 Eddie Bauer 4.0 v6 with the electronic heat, a/c system.

it also comes out the floor even when the system is shut off.

leg burn!!

This is a real pain in the leg! I went through the user manual yesterday because of the slow clearing of the windshield. Cold days I have to lean over to drive peering through the small clearing in the middle of the windshield, unless I let it warm up for twenty (dollars).
Hot leg frozen windows!!!
Never had this with the 97
steve

I'm having the exact same problem on my 2002 Eddie Bauer. If I switch the heat to the floor I get full air volume, and lots of heat. If I switch it to defrost I get a fair amount of air volume but the temperature is very cool, and I still get very hot air at my feet ( although the amount of air is less).

What's broken? I assume it must be one of the actuators under the dash. But which one? How many actuators are there? Does anyone have a helpful schematic? I've replaced the rear actuator.... It was fairly simple to do. This is not manual temperature controls, it's got the dual (driver and passenger can choose different temperatures) electronic controller.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Back