Air will not come out through the vents | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Air will not come out through the vents

go under car and look up by the wheel well and move flapout towards u

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Here is my situation on my A/C not blowing through the front vents. I have checked all vacuum lines from the actual a/c switches all the way to the vacuum resevoir. I actually replaced the vacuum resevoir with a replacement from a junkyard just in case it was the problem (negative on that). I have a few questions for you guys to help me narrow down the problem!

-If I were to pull off either one of the lines at the vacuum resevoir, should I be able to feel/hear suction in the line?
-Where does the initial vacuum pressure come from?
-Is there a way to test whether or not my car is even creating vacuum pressure for the a/c lines to make the vacuum motors/actuators work?
-What is needed to make the a/c come through the dash vents? (a certain vacuum motor or vent door?)

I've noticed that when I move the vacuum motor's arms to make the recirculating door open is does not change any of the vents blowing air; But I did push the arm on the vacuum actuator for the floor vents and air started blowing out of the floor vents. So wouldn't that mean I certainly have a vacuum leak because that actuator is not receiving vacuum pressure to make the motor work?

Sorry for a long post but I have been reading everything on here about A/C problems and haven't been able to fix it.

my problem sounds simular but i cant get the floor vents to shut off on any vent selection position. is there something that just controls the floor vents?

I'm looking for the other end of that vacuum line that goes into the firewall and comes out under the dash. Any photos?

By the way, thank you for the rest of the info. It has helped and I did find a broken vacuum line. just can't find the other end to repair it.

Most people don't realize that there is a volume of space there on both sides. The other side hides the horns, they are a pain to work on.

Still not enough room to stash a dozen of beer though. The days of the 67 Polara where you could have 2 cases under the hood are long gone. :(

my problem sounds simular but i cant get the floor vents to shut off on any vent selection position. is there something that just controls the floor vents?

You need a blend door fix, there's a lot of them depending on how much work you are ready for. Try the site search for BLEND DOOR FIX.

Back