2002 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer 4 wheel drive | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2002 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer 4 wheel drive

Gregoryp

Reaction score
City, State
Lake Worth Florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Eddie BauerExplorer
Anybody know how to stop a random beep from time to time? It went hay wire once and all I did was spray W-D 40 in to all the door lock sensors located at the latch mechanisms. It has beeped randomly since I bought it. I was wondering if anybody knows why. Also, how about that air bag light? Lol mine flashes 3 or 4 times and then stays on. Does anybody know how to fix or why this light stays on, and will my air bags deploy?

honestly the beeping i assume is from the SRS light coming on and off. the air bag light can be a simple loose/dirty connector all the way to issues with the bags themselves. hopefully some one more knowledged can answer

Anybody know how to stop a random beep from time to time? It went hay wire once and all I did was spray W-D 40 in to all the door lock sensors located at the latch mechanisms. It has beeped randomly since I bought it. I was wondering if anybody knows why. Also, how about that air bag light? Lol mine flashes 3 or 4 times and then stays on. Does anybody know how to fix or why this light stays on, and will my air bags deploy?
I have the same explorer and just fixed the annoying beeping. My airbag light wasn’t even working, so I replaced it and that stops the beeping. Now the light flashes, but there is no beeping (so I’ll take it). I can’t seem to find a DIY solution, but have heard you can wiggle some cords around under the passenger seat to see if that fixes the flashing light. Good luck, let me know if you find out how to stop the flashing.

Back