2002 xls brown wire mod | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2002 xls brown wire mod

I've been waiting for him to check on the current draw and the polarity to make sure we get it straight.

Any news?

-Joe

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It's been a couple months....any updates?

Not from me.... any chance you want to check it out for us?

Just need to know the current draw through the clutch and the voltage drop (which I think should be 1V or less).

-Joe

gijoecam said:
Not from me.... any chance you want to check it out for us?

Just need to know the current draw through the clutch and the voltage drop (which I think should be 1V or less).

-Joe

Joe,

You guys were going back and forth...Have you Pm'ed him?. I see he is till active.

I am not looking to pull crap apart to get a reading..but if it can be done withought too much hassle I might go ahead and give you a hand. Your just gonna need direct me. Again if I have to do things like move seats I wont be able to do it. Not just yet at least. Live in city and no place to realy do that stuff.

-V

trucku said:
Joe,

You guys were going back and forth...Have you Pm'ed him?. I see he is till active.

I am not looking to pull crap apart to get a reading..but if it can be done withought too much hassle I might go ahead and give you a hand. Your just gonna need direct me. Again if I have to do things like move seats I wont be able to do it. Not just yet at least. Live in city and no place to realy do that stuff.

-V

I'm not exactly sure where the brown wire runs in the 3rd gens, but if it's in the dash behind the stereo, it shouldn't be too hard to find.... You'll need to find the GEM and, specifically, the brown wire and the one that returns to the GEM from the transfer case (I forget the color offhand....). I need the signal voltage at the return wire with the engine running in 4wd, and I need to know the amperage flowing through it as well.

I can look up the color again if you need me to.... Brown with yellow comes to mind (and it's what I wrote up above...)

-Joe

updates?

Back