2003 Explorer Memory Seats Question | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2003 Explorer Memory Seats Question

FishPants

Reaction score
City, State
Toronto, Ontario
Year, Model & Trim Level
'03 Eddie Bauer
Greetings Everyone! Hoping someone can help me out..

We just purchased a slightly used Eddie Bauer edition '03 explorer; and we had the dealer install the Ford remote starter/alarm system into it.. So we are now using the new FOBs that came with that. EDIT: I checked the manual for the Ford starter/alarm and it says that memory seats will work as they should with the new FOBs.

My question is, as far as I can tell in the owner's manual the memory seats should be activated by the key FOB. However that doesn't seem to work (and this sucks, I am 6'3" and my wife is 5'1" on a good day). I followed the instructions in the book, and this is what I have tried:

1. I got in the vehicle, pressed 1 (my position) which was already programmed. Once the seat is in position, I press SET then hit "LOCK" on my FOB and hit 1. Get out of the car, hit 2 (my wife's), lock the doors with the fob then press unlock and nothing happens.

2. I have done the same as above but standing outside with the door open, still doesn't work.

Anything I may be missing here? It just doesn't seem to move the seat at all when I press unlock. Could it be because we have the "Easy Exit" or whatever it is that puts the seat way back when you turn off the ignition? Even when I unlock, get in, put my key in it moves the seat to the last position (hers) and damn near crunches me to death hehe... Any help would be appreciated, I am stumped.

The only hting I can think of is that maybe you need to program them both at the same time, and then check to see if they work, also maybe you are disableing them if you keep trying to program them, over and over.

Here is what the manual says that I used and my 2002 worked fine.

Activating the memory seat feature To activate this feature: 1.Position the seat to the position you desire. 2.Press the SET control on the driver’s door panel. 3.Within 5 five seconds, press one control on the remote transmitter and then press the 1 or 2 control on the driver’s door panel to which you would like to associate with the seat and Driver1 or Driver2 positions. 4.Repeat this procedure for another remote transmitter if desired.

Deactivating the memory seat feature To deactivate this feature: 1.Press the SET control on the driver’s door panel. 2.Within 5 five seconds, press any control on the remote transmitter which you would like to deactivate and then press the SET control on the driver’s door panel. 3.Repeat this procedure for another remote transmitter if desired.

Back