• Register Today It's free!

2004 Explorer XLT

Bristian11

Reaction score
City, State
Selma,north carolina
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Explorer XLT
Hey I just bought this 2004 explorer and it's stock I was wondering what I could do to it such as tires and headlights to make it look more aesthetic. I plan on getting a 3" body lift and the car is black. I also don't plan on killing my wallet lol. Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well since beauty is in the eye of the beholder it's hard to give ideas. Are you looking to bling with chrome or being that your truck is black give it the "murdered" look.
Perhaps you could look at other Explorers on this site and the internet to decide what "look" you like and try to emulate it.

I was looking for a "murdered look" and wanted to know what you guys think bc I honestly have no idea but thanks I will look at others

I was looking for a "murdered look" and wanted to know what you guys think bc I honestly have no idea but thanks I will look at others
Your best chance to see blacked- out 3rd gens is looking through the "3rd gen modified pics" thread. Many good ideas in there. I have a black/ gold EB and I put in a black billet grille which adds to the look. Also you could look into blacked out headlight assemblies or painting them yourself. Tinting/ painting the taillights and 3rd brake lights often are cheap mods that add to the look.

Mines is an 04 XLT as well. Just blacked mine out yesterday. All in plasti dip for now. BFGoodrich ko2s, tow hooks, tint, and emergency lighting all I've done to it so far.

IMG_0657.jpg

Back