2006 Explorer won't come out of park | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2006 Explorer won't come out of park

Terri

Reaction score
City, State
Seattle Wa
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 Eddie Bauer Exlorer
My 2006 Explorer isn't coming out of park... I can't take it to the dealership because it won't come out of park. I can feel the button make some kind of movement/ break clicking but it just will not come out of park! The break lights are working so it probably isn't the switch and the shift button is pushing in...It's stuck in the driveway. PLEASE HELP!!

Have a look at this image. Maybe it can help you a bit.

schaltungserie.jpg

Pull the liner in your cup holder out, under you will see a little square cover. remove it. take a small long flat blade screwdriver (or anything that will fit) and press it down. its the emergency release for this.

If you still have any factory warranty left there was a tsb on this issue.

My 2006 Explorer isn't coming out of park... I can't take it to the dealership because it won't come out of park. I can feel the button make some kind of movement/ break clicking but it just will not come out of park! The break lights are working so it probably isn't the switch and the shift button is pushing in...It's stuck in the driveway. PLEASE HELP!!
I have a similar problem, but it only locks up intermittently. If I press the brake pedal and rock forward and back in my seat while squeezing the shift "trigger" button, it finally works. Asked my dealership about it and they told me I needed a new "boo" switch. After $345 and a new "boo" switch, it still does the same thing. It's obviously out of warranty. What do I do?

Back