• Register Today It's free!

2008 factory wheels on an 2003?

LVmounty

Reaction score
City, State
Las Vegas, NV
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Mercury Mountaineer
I have a 2003 Mercury Mountaineer and I am looking at putting a a set of wheels on from a 2008. Does anyone know if these will fit? Did they change bolt pattern, offset for the new models? The particluar wheels I looking at have the following specs: 20x8, 5x114.3 bolt pattern. Thanks for the help.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

well i dont know if they did or not, but i do have 20'rims on my ex, the specs are ,Bolt Pattern: 5 x 4.5, AND 5X115,Size: 20 x 8.5 and the Offset: +25 mm. There are no clearence is what so ever and im running a 255/50R20.. so my .02 would be that they would work

Thanks for your input!

They should fit.

I just put 06 (I think) wheels on my 04.. they fit fine... you should have no problems.

are you looking at the chrome 5 split spoke 20's ford/mercury offer ???

those things are sick !!!!!!! i like the 4x4 look, but if i could get ahold of them they would def go on the X

are you looking at the chrome 5 split spoke 20's ford/mercury offer ???

those things are sick !!!!!!! i like the 4x4 look, but if i could get ahold of them they would def go on the X

Those are exactly what I am looking at getting. After doing some research, the bolt pattern/offset it exactly the same from Gen III to Gen IV. These are the ones here:

1FMEU85879UA31464_036_LG.jpg

Check the center bore diameter.I think the newer wheels have a larger bore.If so you will need hubcentric rings to make up the difference.You can call Tire Rack they will know for sure.

if the bore is different you can go to justforwheels.com and let them know what you have and they will be able to get you a hub ring...

I just checked and the bore size is the same for 2008 70.5 mil.They will fit fine.

Back