2010 Explorer Auto Headlight Question | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2010 Explorer Auto Headlight Question

jg101987

Reaction score
Before I get yelled at, yes I have searched around and tried to find the answer, but I haven't heard or seen anything definitive, so I figured I would ask.

I have a 2010 Explorer, and the only thing it doesn't have that I would really like is the Auto Headlight option. I have the bubble on the dashboard where the sensor should be. Also, if I unlock my car at night, the mirror lamps and fog lights turn on and stay on for ~30 seconds. If I unlock my car during the day, no lights turn on. This tells me that the dusk sensor is there and can tell the difference between when the lights are supposed to be on and off.

So my question is this: What do I need to do, other than buy the correct switch with the "Auto" setting, to get automatic headlight in my Ex? I'm hoping that the plug/wiring harness already has everything I need there, and all I have to do is replace the switch. Is this the case? It seems like it would make more sense if Ford built the feature into every one, and disabled it with the switch, but I could be wrong.

In the event that I am, what else do I need to do?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

is your headlight selector switch in the auto position?

The Auto headlights are also tied into the message center. The EB has the info center and you can set how long the lights stay on in so many seconds.
Im sure it's no easy upgrade.

i believe you need the switch, wiring, the sensor (its different i believ) and to reprogram the sjb.

Back