2010 Explorer Sport Trac key stuck in ignition solution ! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2010 Explorer Sport Trac key stuck in ignition solution !

tbirdman

Reaction score
City, State
Sask- Canada
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Sport 4x4 4.0 SOHC
Well- my 2010 Sport trac Adrenalin was delivered to me the other day- and the key was stuck in the ignition! Also- with this problem comes the fact that the steering wheel would not lock and the shifter can be taken out of "PARK" when the vehicle is not running. So- as you can imagine- this is not a good scenario. Today after a google search- a you tube how to video for solving this exact problem solved my dilemma. It really only took about 5 minutes and after repeated testing with the shifter and ignition switch- it seems to be all working again. Just to be safe- I will keep a 7mm nut driver in the glovebox for an emergency repair if ever needed again. Watch the video- it really is just that straight forward. If it does become a chronic problem though- it will be off to the dealer for a an extended warranty repair.

Here is the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9LiyqTcneA

Hope this is helpful to all who need it. It certainly worked for me.

Thank you. I just did the Ford Flex gear shifter mod this weekend (LOVE IT) and toyed with this interlock switch for a bit. Had no idea it was troublesome, but all the more reason to keep a leathermans tool in the glove box.

Well Trac Marks- you're welcome. Anything that proves helpful for other sport trac owners is always wise to post here on the forum. And yes- you are correct- a leatherman or small tool kit tucked in the console or under the seat is always a good idea. Boy scouts got it right- be prepared.

Back