2011 Limited seat recline stopped working | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2011 Limited seat recline stopped working

fridge1985

Reaction score
City, State
Milwaukee, WI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Explorer Limited
I have an 11 ex limited with 10 way power seats. The passanger side seat the tilt forward and backwards on the seat back stopped working. The seat front to back works and the heights still work just the seat back went out. Anyone have a part number for that motor?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I thought I was understanding your post until I reached the part that said "just the seat back went out". Is it only the seat back that doesn't work or the whole seat that won't tilt?

Peter

The part your back physically sits on. So the lean forward or lay flat part

Okay, that is the recline function of the back of the seat and not the whole seat assembly. I don't think that problem has been posted about before. There have been a few reports on the seat itself not raising/lowering etc. I did a quick check but the motors I found on the following site seem to be for the F-150. I did not go through all the pages.AutoNation Ford White Bear Lake | Parts & Accessories

Peter

After reading some other threads I'm going to test the switch first. Thanks everyone for your help.

Any update??

Yes it ended up being the switch. Ordered a new one off Rock Auto.

Back