2012 Ford Explorer SYNC with MyFord Touch | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2012 Ford Explorer SYNC with MyFord Touch

katmandu81

Reaction score
City, State
Fl
Year, Model & Trim Level
2012 Explorer XLT
This is my first post so I hope I have placed it correctly.

My display recently went gray in the middle with horizontal lines. It still works but hard to see through the condensation? that formed inside the screen? I upgraded S/W to 3.10 CCPU version 16180; negative result on clearing up the screen.

I would like to upgrade from Sync 2 to 3 (do I need to) but have read that I am unable to due to MyFord Touch? Am I reading this 'upgrade' incorrectly; has anyone experienced the same.

Thank you.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
I believe it is a sealed unit so why would there be condensation inside the screen? As for the swap to Sync 3, there are several threads on that topic and I think many of them have had some kind of an issue with Sync 3 after the change. You can use the 'Search' feature at the upper right to find the threads.
I also found this; changing ford sync 2 to sync 3 - Google Search

Peter

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
I believe it is a sealed unit so why would there be condensation inside the screen? As for the swap to Sync 3, there are several threads on that topic and I think many of them have had some kind of an issue with Sync 3 after the change. You can use the 'Search' feature at the upper right to find the threads.
I also found this; changing ford sync 2 to sync 3 - Google Search

Peter

Hi Peter. I appear to be super challenged as I thought I could upload a couple of pics...not. I don't know what would make it gray colored with the lines. No one drives it but me. Thank you for the links. I will take a look. Cheers

For a lack of a better word, I think it's condensation :oops: C:\Users\kbh3\Downloads\20240206_191250.jpg I am trying add a pic
Link does not work. Try using the Insert image icon. The one to the left of the smiley face. I don't know if that will work. I have the Elite Explorer membership ($20) which allows me to post pics directly from my device.

Peter

Link does not work. Try using the Insert image icon. The one to the left of the smiley face. I don't know if that will work. I have the Elite Explorer membership ($20) which allows me to post pics directly from my device.

Peter
It must come with the elite membership :) I guess my short story is needing to replace the touch screen with another touchscreen; doesn't have to be sync3. I thought I was fancy until I had to reread what sync and mytouch actually are...that's terrible to say out loud.

Back