New member New Explorer...First Post | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New member New Explorer...First Post

SteelDust

Reaction score
City, State
SW WA State
Year, Model & Trim Level
2012 Explorer Limited 3.5
First of all, I looked around a bit prior to posting this. But, being new and all forums being different, please accept my apologies if this is in the wrong place.

This seems like the most comprehensive place to get the info quickly, so I'll probably be back often to find the answers to any questions I have and I'm willing to answer any questions that may come my way.

Anyhow, picked up a 2012 Limited last Friday, 3.5L, FWD, every option but 4wd, Ecoboost, and rear DVD.

I test drove the Ecoboost, and felt I had to put too much "foot" into it to suit my taste. I figured this would be a bad combination resulting in lower than advertised MPG, so chose to go with the V6 instead. Really liking the Synch and MFT, but already looking forward to the soon to drop upgrade. It's good, but admittedly a bit buggy at times, incredible potential with a few tweaks. We chose to forego the 4WD as we already have vehicles that suit that need, which, in reality, is fairly rare in this area. The $2000 for the Ford rear DVD is just asinine, even the the dealers seemingly shameless sales team wasn't pushing that.

Was able to work a deal for about $100 over invoice minus rebates, a "fair" price IMO on a fairly in demand vehicle. Admittedly, I had an X-Plan in my pocket but, ultimately, didn't need it.

A few pics, again, hope this isn't bad form for this forum.

P1000839.jpg

P1000834.jpg

P1000832.jpg

P1000840.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nice backdrop for your pictures!

Signed,

Guy jealous of your nice new Explorer

nice very nice i bought at the other end last friday a base base ex ,rubber mats and tow package were the only extras on the sheet ,we traded an 06 mark lt so its missing a lot of stuff we never used on the truck, love the styling and a nice drive
brian j
liven in east tn and where ever my
motor home and jeep take us

First of all, I looked around a bit prior to posting this. But, being new and all forums being different, please accept my apologies if this is in the wrong place.

This seems like the most comprehensive place to get the info quickly, so I'll probably be back often to find the answers to any questions I have and I'm willing to answer any questions that may come my way.

Anyhow, picked up a 2012 Limited last Friday, 3.5L, FWD, every option but 4wd, Ecoboost, and rear DVD.

I test drove the Ecoboost, and felt I had to put too much "foot" into it to suit my taste. I figured this would be a bad combination resulting in lower than advertised MPG, so chose to go with the V6 instead. Really liking the Synch and MFT, but already looking forward to the soon to drop upgrade. It's good, but admittedly a bit buggy at times, incredible potential with a few tweaks. We chose to forego the 4WD as we already have vehicles that suit that need, which, in reality, is fairly rare in this area. The $2000 for the Ford rear DVD is just asinine, even the the dealers seemingly shameless sales team wasn't pushing that.

Was able to work a deal for about $100 over invoice minus rebates, a "fair" price IMO on a fairly in demand vehicle. Admittedly, I had an X-Plan in my pocket but, ultimately, didn't need it.
Welcome to the Forum SteelDust. :wavey:

You are in the right place and with a fine looking Explorer too. The members are very helpful here and I am sure will do their best to answer any questions or concerns you may have. Happy motoring!

Peter

Black looks good in a Limited!

I swore up and down I didn't want another black vehicle...I think this is my fifth. But, they look so good...when they are clean that is. Which it is very improbable that it'll be clean for about 8 months of the year in the rainy northwest. Brought it home and the very next day was the first time they dropped sand on the roads. Figures...

Will be looking to get a coat of Collinite or some other very long lasting wax on it here soon. Will probably also be looking at the various clear bra options as well. Lots of plastic up front on these...lots of rocks, sand, gravel on the roads.

But, they look so good...when they are clean that is. Which it is very improbable that it'll be clean for about 8 months of the year in the rainy northwest.

I hear you on that.. I've had mine for about 3 weeks now, it's Dark Blue Pearl Metallic, and it looked great for about the first 20 minutes. I figure I'll have it all pretty again somewhere around May. :)

You don't own a black car, they own you. :D

Yeppppp. Me also trying to decide between Golden Bronze and Candy Red...

Yeppppp. Me also trying to decide between Golden Bronze and Candy Red...
Welcome to the Forum wcharon.:wavey:
On the 2011 models, the Candy Red and Platinum White Tri-coat carried a $300 premium. Not sure if that still applies to the 2012 models.

Having had 2 silver Highlanders I find that colour to be one of the best to hide dirt. The white Explorer I have now also is quite good especially when it comes to dust.

I saw a vehicle, not an Explorer, in a parking lot that looked like it had the bronze colour and I have to admit that it really stands out in a crowd.

Peter

Decided to go with the platinum white. While the premium is a little annoying, it's understandable with the extra coat. Tired of having a dark car in South Florida lol and love the blend of silver and white.

I have a silver RAV4. While I do appreciate how well it hides the dirt, silver is a veeeery common color (especially in the RAV4). In contrast, there are literally 0 Explorers in Golden Bronze on any dealer lot within 50 miles of St. Louis. It's a little weird.

Back