2012 XLT Explorer cabin fuse box replacement | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2012 XLT Explorer cabin fuse box replacement

AlexBanich

Reaction score
City, State
State College, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2012 Ford Explorer XLT
So in another thread I posted I was having issues with my winshield wipers wouldn't work at alloff and on. Located the issue which is the fuse box panel under the dash. The female prongs on more than just that specific fuse are sprung and not holding the fuse in place. I'm out of warranty so I'm going to try and replace it myself. Anybody have any input? To me it looks like a lot of just plug and play, but not sure. Any input would be appreciated before I dive in to something over my head. I'm an industrial field mechanic and home electronics repair hobbyist so I'm confident in my ability. I just don't want to run in to something that requires specialty tools and crazy things of the such.

So in another thread I posted I was having issues with my winshield wipers wouldn't work at alloff and on. Located the issue which is the fuse box panel under the dash. The female prongs on more than just that specific fuse are sprung and not holding the fuse in place. I'm out of warranty so I'm going to try and replace it myself. Anybody have any input? To me it looks like a lot of just plug and play, but not sure. Any input would be appreciated before I dive in to something over my head. I'm an industrial field mechanic and home electronics repair hobbyist so I'm confident in my ability. I just don't want to run in to something that requires specialty tools and crazy things of the such.

Not possibly without dealer equipment (IDS Software with VCM hardware). BCM is coded depending on vehicle options as well as key data and tpms.

Dealer copies BCM coding, replaces BCM, and then recodes new BCM. Keys have to be re-taught (must have at least two) and the TPMS sensors have to be relearned.

Back